PDA

View Full Version : Win 8 quite connecting

Rikadyn
October 6th, 2014, 04:33 AM
So my laptop quit connecting to WiFi here. It will see the networks after reboot but try to connect and it says it can't. Half the time they will then disappear from network list.

Also odd is my phone connects fine, but my tablet can not see them at all

thesameguy
October 6th, 2014, 09:08 AM
There was bug in the early release of Win8 that caused this - are you sure you're current on updates?

Rikadyn
October 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I was when I started. I've done a system reset in the meantime thinking it fucked up something and trying to fix it

thesameguy
October 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
It could be a defective wifi card or driver. If Win8 is up to date, I'd personally look at the hardware.

Rikadyn
October 6th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Ugh. Driver can't do anything about without net and card would mean I need a new laptop

Rikadyn
October 6th, 2014, 02:03 PM
okay tethered to phone to update network driver. What I don't get is that it sees all the other networks in the area, but not the one for the apartment.

And my tablet running Jellybean doesn't see it either, only my phone does.

Rikadyn
October 6th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Alright decided to test the network card by taking it with me to school and seeing if i could connect to the network there and it worked fine at school so using it currently to update windows back to Win 8.1

Rikadyn
October 8th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Well I got it to connect again, No fucking clue why it did, but yea. Impressed my Landlord with my networking knowledge though o.O