PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst 1000

Rikadyn
October 14th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Btw, the race no one here is talking about was the best race of the year.

Yobbo NZ
October 14th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Maybe because those of us in Australia that watched it are still asleep due to the massive amounts of ads they showed.I think it was about 7mins of racing to about 5-10mins of ads.It was painful.

Rikadyn
October 15th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Really? I saw it online streamed by a aussie channel and it wasn't ad heavy at all.

Rare White Ape
October 15th, 2014, 02:12 AM
I watched the MotoGP. It was great!

Dicknose
October 15th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Stopping to rebuild the road, has that ever happened in a race before?

Rikadyn
October 15th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Yes, Petite LeMans and Sebring have both had it happen I believe, so has Daytona and a handful of other Nascar races...

tigeraid
October 15th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Yup, happens more often in oval racing, usually due to wall damage. At Daytona a few years ago part of the track melted in a fire and had to be patched.

It sucked, I was watching on a stream too, and ended up having to go to sleep around 1am when I got tired of waiting. Sounds like the finish was insane though, what a gamble by Whincup. That race had everything. It was ugly, but sometimes the big ones are.

Rikadyn
October 15th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Yup, happens more often in oval racing, usually due to wall damage. At Daytona a few years ago part of the track melted in a fire and had to be patched.

It sucked, I was watching on a stream too, and ended up having to go to sleep around 1am when I got tired of waiting. Sounds like the finish was insane though, what a gamble by Whincup. That race had everything. It was ugly, but sometimes the big ones are.

Find at least the last 40 laps online someplace. Whincups defense on the last lap was a thing of beauty.

Rare White Ape
October 16th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Stopping to rebuild the road, has that ever happened in a race before?

I was flag marshaling a Champ Car race years ago when the recently resurfaced sections of street circuit started to crumble in the heat.

It happened on the Sunday at about lunchtime so no racing had to be halted, but I did spend an hour standing on the track in the sun waving a yellow so that course cars didn't interfere with crews patching the cracks with resin around the blind corners.

The resin is still there to this day.

Rikadyn
October 16th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Yea seems most common on recently repaved tracks/patches of track.

tigeraid
October 16th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Just watched. Not quite as amazing as two years ago, but still heart-in-throat kinda stuff. Jamie Whincup is a defensive monster. :up:

G'day Mate
October 21st, 2014, 04:53 PM
The commentators often talk up the prospect of someone running out of fuel at the end of a race - this is one of only a couple of times I can actually remember it happening. 1st to 4th in the last few corners!