Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Sports Car Concept, FT-1

Wanna Fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I hope I can paint it black in GT6, something tells me it would look good in black
    All cars look better in black, dude. Even horrors like the Aztek.

My guess is this is purely a styling concept and whatever engine is in there is purely to get it moving around for photo shoots and his little to nothing to do with what might get produced.
    Get that weak shit off my track

They should have put the LFA V10 in it just for shits and giggles.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    They're talking about I-6 engines randomly, but there's also the new joint project with BMW....maybe a BMW I-6 engine?

I6 twin turbo would be acceptable.

Fabulous Toyota FT-1 Concept Is Ready to Drive January 14

[FONT=arial]Owners of [/FONT]GT6 will be the first to test-drive the FT-1 as a free online update beginning January 14. Upon downloading the latest update, a unique seasonal event featuring the Toyota FT-1 will be made available in the game. Receive a bronze or better in the FT-1 challenge at Laguna Seca and you will receive the car. Drivers will also be able to purchase the vehicle from the Toyota dealership in the simulator without having to complete the seasonal event.

I'm in love.

It won't be quicker than a GT-R but I wouldn't be surprised if it feels better. Possibly the goal is to be at least competitive in track times, offering better bang-for-the-buck than the GT-R does?

From Virtual to Reality? Toyota FT-1 Concept Sets the Pace for Future Design

In preparation for pitching the concept to Toyota management, Calty worked with Polyphony Digital, creators of the popular Gran Turismo driving simulator, to bring FT-1 to life in a virtual world that captured the excitement, passion and performance conveyed by the concept model. Toyota executives were offered the opportunity to take FT-1 for a timed lap around a computer-generated Fuji Speedway. Behind the wheel of the concept, Toyota president Akio Toyoda, an accomplished race car driver, completed the virtual circuit faster than his best real-world lap time at Fuji in his LFA. From that moment, he was convinced and the concept was approved to be built in model-form for the international auto show circuit.
    As fast as an LFA for ~$60,000? Good benchmark. Heh, at that price and with that angular ass, it's a Japanese Stingray!
    Last edited by novicius; January 13th, 2014 at 10:41 AM.

I bet if he drove a virtual LFA in Gran Turismo, he'd beat his real life LFA lap time, too. Especially if GT6 Racing tires were involved.

This Toy is decent in proportion, disappointing in details and execution. It's fussy. Inelegant. These are not the stylistic qualities of a Supra.

Also, needs moar pedals.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar

Son...?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I bet if he drove a virtual LFA in Gran Turismo, he'd beat his real life LFA lap time, too. Especially if GT6 Racing tires were involved.

This Toy is decent in proportion, disappointing in details and execution. It's fussy. Inelegant. These are not the stylistic qualities of a Supra.

Also, needs moar pedals.
    I don't disagree with you, but I think it can look a lot better with some minor tweaking

I'll probably try some photoshopping later (then maybe Calty will hire me, haha)

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Anyone can tack on a tall Supra spoiler and call it a day but the FT-1 is also sporting a 2+2 layout (where it didn't necessarily have to be), the long prow/fastback-to-ducktail line, and a greatly expanded side-scoop in front of the rear tires that is also on the MKIV. I'm not saying that these elements alone make it a Supra, just that there are some similarities. The three-pane hood design could also be included as well.

Also, there are some elements of the LFA design language here (the piston-popping spoiler, the horizontal taillights), as well as the rear end's "inverted" scoop design also shared with the Lexus LF-LC. Outside of the huge front intakes housing the twin fans (which will never make production like that), it still holds a strong family resemblance. IMO.

...and yeah, the Big Cock F1-esq nose is hilarious and full of F&F swagger.

Data points:

• 1998 Toyota Supra Turbo: "320" HP (Quarter-mile MPH/Weight calculators report HP ratings of around 360, fwiw) and a curb weight of around 3,417 lbs.
    • 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: MSRP $51,994 | 450 HP | curb weight of around 3,443 lbs.
    Last edited by novicius; January 13th, 2014 at 12:34 PM.