Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Y no Min3craf+ topic?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Y no Min3craf+ topic?

Am i the only one here who owns Minecraft, and is addicted to it? Bought it cheap a couple months back for PS4, and played for a wee bit with monsters on easy - built a stone castle house, and added a few other things, then tidied up the entrance and tunnels in my stone/iron/diamond mine, then turned monsters off and went in for more tidying up and exploring.

Then i went back to creator mode and started my city. I don't see any possible end to this city any time soon. :s
    So far it has:
    - five (?) skyscrapers (some with detailed interiors, although haven't finished them yet)
    - a wee platform/deck thing from shore onto the ocean
    - a land level bridge heading to a small island with a giant moo cow statue (and a speech bubble above its head)
    - an underwater aquarium (fully glass enclosed)
    - Streets with street lights
    - a McDonalds (not finished)
    - a couple of road tunnels through tiny hills (looked better than removing the hills)
    - an FBI building (copied GTA and called it FIB) which i created over a large canyon, and it is full of secret rooms, corridors, hidden doors, a missile/rocket launching pad hidden in the middle of the building (extends all the way to the top) and a fortification fence around the outside. It isn't finished by a long shot, but have been working with redstone and paintings to hide doorways, and still have heaps of floors to finish and detail, then its onto finishing the below ground stuff. Missile is already built though.
    - Just finished (?) building a suspension type bridge from near the FIB building to a flat piece of land nearby which is going to be for houses.

I may be some time... Will try get some pics soon, maybe see if the Share button works.

But yeah. So many ideas, so little time.

Stupid game.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; December 20th, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Because last sentence of your post.

Our 7-yr-old son is obsessed with it. He's playing in Creator mode on Mapper's phone, and we have to limit his time pretty strictly.
    Whoomah!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    You played it YW?

Hows the battery life on it Random.

I think i'm hooked on it because it's kinda like SimCity, but with a lot more control over what you can create.

No. Not into "creation" games.

The creator of Minecraft sold the company to Microsoft and just recently bought the most expensive house in Beverly Hills for $70 million. That's all I know about the game.

WTF? If I could afford a house worth $70 million, I sure as hell wouldn't live in Los Angeles. I think I would live in a small town with a favourable climate.

Back on topic, I've played Minecraft quite a bit. I have three saved worlds, with various things built. My first world has a network of roads, a space needle, a Roman coliseum, several residences, a high-rise building, a Parthenon, a large treehouse, etc. all built in survival mode. I later started it in creative mode and built an an airport, a high-rise condo complex and a hockey arena. I can barely remember my second world, but it was survival mode. I built several art structures, a network of roads, a Shaolin temple on a mountain, etc. My third world I started just recently in peaceful mode, I dug a network of tunnels, built a network of roads and I started building a structure, but that's as far as I got. I just went spelunking and collected a ton of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Hows the battery life on it Random.
    Variable.
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    WTF? If I could afford a house worth $70 million, I sure as hell wouldn't live in Los Angeles. I think I would live in a small town with a favourable climate.
    There was a great interview with him a few months ago in some magazine. He is an odd guy - and BH seems like exactly the sort of place a person with his issues because it's a total non-sequitur.

My kids play it on the Kindle Fire and phone. Keeps them busy.

I don't have the time myself.