Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Y no Min3craf+ topic?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    https://egmnow.com/minecrafts-super-...pack-canceled/

Even though it wasn't coming to PS4 cos Sony don't like consoles playing together, this is still a bit sucky.

Maybe time for Minecraft 2?

Meanwhile with Java Edition I can play with Optifine HD mod and Chocapic13 incredible shaders... Mojang go home, you are mediocre.

I own all of the 3 editions of Minecraft: Java, Pocket Edition on my Android phone and Win 10 Edition on my PC and laptop.
    Java one is the best, extremely moddable, but for one point: no controller option. Sucks big time. (The Pocket Edition is unplayable with touchscreen and I bought a wireless joypad precisely to do mobile play).
    ALL of the Minecraft edition lack an important feature which is unforgivable in 2019: cloud saves for your own single player world (Fuck Realms already). Everytime I've to go dig the save/export it manually, put it in a usb drive or in Google Drive and then import or put the file in the proper folder by myself.
    They should be ashamed.

This post only to say that the Java Edition 1.14.4 is unplayable on PC: lag, lag, lag. Sigh.

Begone, thread for Millennials!!!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Bruno recently used some of his money to buy a Java Edition ticket, but I think his game is stuck in demo mode as it won't launch a multiplayer, now he has a microsoft account and a Xbox gamertag, but it seems that you used to need a Mojang Account in order to play MC, but I mojang accounts have been migrated to microsoft ones.

This is fucking bullshit, specially for a young kid who was eager to play the legal version instead of the generic clones. Does anybody know how to fix this loop?
    Last edited by FaultyMario; December 23rd, 2020 at 04:00 PM.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    I wouldn't have a clue, but I'd say that Microsoft support might be your best bet, maybe even get a refund in exchange for the full beans PC version if that works for you?

Full beans PC version is Win10. Lil dude's box is Debian.

MS support says it's an issue with the family group config. I did not know we had setup such a thing.
    acket.

I was discussing this with my friend over lunch as both of his kids (and the kids of another friend) play it and wanted a new setup.

https://www.logicalincrements.com/games/minecraft Is this about right for specs?

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Full beans PC version is Win10. Lil dude's box is Debian.

MS support says it's an issue with the family group config. I did not know we had setup such a thing.
    Holy setup loopholes, batman!

Turns out the kiddo needed to create a MS family group in order to access the settings page for his interactions within and outside of Xbox network. (on linux, whatever!)
    He's now able to play the full java edition.

New question: Do you need to pay somebody (either MSXBL or some other host) to play multiplayer? Does getting a minecraft realms membership grant the player the ability to host her own "server" or only play in "the realm"?
    acket.

You can still play without getting Realms, but I think you need it to keep a persistent server that anyone (or just your friends) can join anytime.

The way I understand it:
    Realms=World stored in the cloud and runs all the time.
    Not Realms=World stored and hosted by your system and only runs when you turn it on. You can invite friends (or anyone) to play.

I am sure there is more to it than that, but I am simplifying it here.
    Last edited by Cam; February 9th, 2021 at 03:14 PM.