Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cadillacs

Makes vague sense given their apparent desire to move it from being a 3-series/5-series tweener to more of a 5-series direct competitor.
    Whoomah!

Not a fan of the headlights. But, otherwise I like it.

I don't understand why they want to make Cadillac into a sportier brand either.

Because that's what sells. Nobody makes straight up luxury cars anymore, and they haven't sold well since the '80s anyway. BMW nailed that coffin shut - even Benz had to change their MO 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    I don't understand why they want to make Cadillac into a sportier brand either.
    Plus these are just the sport models, they still have the boring models.

That's good... I guess.

ATS-V starts at $61,460 for the sedan, $63,660 for the coupe.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/10/c...cing-official/

M3 Sedan: $62000
    M4 Coupe: $64200
    C63 AMG Sedan: $60,250
    C63 AMG Coupe: $63,000
    RS5 Coupe: $70,900

So that price checks out, but it could be argued that they would need to undercut the competition to get over the not-a-German hump.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Either that or they're going to try to grow the label and are preparing for a low 5-10K annual sales, etc.

Let me just say, I'd love to own a CTS-V or ATS-V (ATS-V is more my style, I think) The cars are fantastic, and GM's engineers are doing great work.

But as usual, GM Corporate-Think from their useless, self-defeating management structure is threatening to torpedo the whole she-bang. Have they learned NOTHING?!?

I've lost the link, but according to Car and Driver, a Cadillac executive has said that they could easily be $10,000-$15,000 cheaper on both models, sell a gazillion of them, and make a great profit.

But the price is ARTIFICIALLY HIGH, to INTENTIONALLY keep the sales numbers low, in order to create ARTIFICIAL scarcity and "price-point prestige".

Price-point prestige.

It seems to me they are bound and determined to ruin this entire organization with bad management. They have engineers that can do great work. LET THE PEOPLE ENJOY THE FRUITS OF THEIR LABOR!

Free Enterprise, in a nutshell, is: Supply a product or service that people want or need at a price they can afford. Why must middle managers throw so much mud on this principle? Just to justify their position, and cover their ineptitude? It literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Don't think for a second that middle management is making that decision. That decision has been made by the new head of Cadillac, Johan de Nysschen, who made Audi competitive with BMW and Mercedes, and didn't result in much of anything with Infiniti, as far as I can tell.

Whether that $10k-$15k upcharge is true, how the vehicles would sell at that price, and the like I have no idea on. I'd really like to see the article you're talking about.

Edit: $10k-$15k off the price of the ATS-V is just the price of a highly optioned 3.6 ATS, btw.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; February 10th, 2015 at 07:20 AM.

This might be the quote you're talking about, I wonder if there's another version with numbers:
    Ellinghaus also told reporters that while Cadillacs are still a little cheaper than the Germans, pricing might get more competitive (read: more expensive) in the future. "Premium cars charge premium prices for premium substance."
    From: http://jalopnik.com/cadillac-might-b...hea-1501116379