Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Rolex 24

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    Soooo.... He's lying about the ratings being terrible and the stands being empty? Can't say I disagree on those counts...
    He didn't state anything about the stands being empty, but at a number of events they were anything but empty. The ratings have been terrible, but making a couple of correct statements any idiot could make doesn't change that the things he's been saying for the past several years weren't incredibly wide of the mark at times.

of course ratings on tv have sucked, they've chopped up coverage and didn't air it till the day AFTER the race on CBS or somewhere else.

i dont want to watch a recorded and heavily edited race of any kind.

By the way... C7.R's now available for sale...

http://sportscar365.com/wec/corvette...ustomer-c7-rs/

Better timing for the race.

http://www.livescoring.us/scoring.php

Qualifying over. DPs killed the P2s.

Viper take GTLM. GTD category looks good too.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    The Mazdas are out to lunch. Did have some nice talks with Tristan Nunez today though.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

The top two Audi's in GTD DQ'd from the times, start at the back of the grid. Third place in the P grid moved to the back too.

Graham Goodwin ‏@dsceditor 5m
    Post qualifying tech failures give @Rolex24Hours grid a Corvette DP 1,2,3,4

https://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=21434

Post session dramas hit the GTD class as both the pole-setting #48 Paul Miller Racing R8 LMS and third fastest #46 Fall-Line Audi both fell foul of the rules, Pail Miller Racing having lowered the wickers on the rear wing endplates believing this was allowed under the rules. Apparently not! Fall-Line meanwhile failed on ride height. Both will start from the back of the grid.

That puts the #63 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari on pole courtesy of Toni Vilander’s earlier efforts with the sister car second on the grid and the #007 TRG/ AMR Aston Martin third.

Also in trouble was the third fastest car overall, the #78 Starworks Riley Dinan BMW, a ride height infringement and an ‘unauthorised aerodynamic device’ the reasons given for another runner to start from the unpopular end of the grid. It seems that exhaust system components supplied here at the track by Riley may be the issue here.

its really disappointing that this stuff is being put on Fox Sports 2 and not entirely on Fox Sports 1.

guess soccer and UFC is more important to Fox than racing.

24 hour races are a really hard sell to people in hours 3 through 22, other than maybe a little bit of night action.

Not if they are well presented.

In any case, the amount of people that do view in straight through for 24 hours is relatively small I'd wager... but having it on for the full duration is essential in keeping people interested as they can go away, do other things throughout the day/evening, come back to the race, catch up for a while, watch an hour or two... do other things, etc.

Except networks don't care about keeping people interested in the race, they care in getting people watching whatever is on that channel, be it racing or soccer or UFC or whatever. They don't want you walking away for a couple hours, they want you sitting there during commercial breaks so you see what happens next.

And I don't think I've ever seen an endurance race presented well enough to have a casual fan of the sport want to stick around when there's very little happening on the track in the way of action other than higher classes getting waved by. Unless you're going to play pre-recorded, Top Gear style and quality content, with timing and scoring at the top and live coverage PIP'd I'm not really sure how you would.
    Get that weak shit off my track

i used to sit and watch the 24 hour LeMans coverage when they did it including the night stuff.