Page 65 of 278 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Good to know -- are they optional?
    They are - I can't be arsed to find it, but I read an article on Autoblog (IIRC) over the weekend pointing this out. The Demon comes REALLY stripped down, but everything they removed is optional. They also "confirmed" (as much as anything can be) that it's RWD.

are the door handles and side windows optional, or do we have to go in Dukes of Hazard style?

Car Dealer question:
    10-month old Mazda battery (likely installed by Mazda) from the previous owner just died.
    Will another Mazda dealer honor the "1-36 months: Free replacement and labor" warranty? (other than buying a Toyota headgasket kit 15+ years ago I've not dealt with a dealer)

I would sure hope so.

I don't see any reason they can't keep improving the LX/LC platform for a while longer. It's not like it's body on frame and it no longer has any real competition. Being able to build a Mustang/Camaro competitor is icing on the cake.

Also, since the Jeep Wagoneer is going to be based on the Ram 1500, the JGC would benefit from a platform-mate, which is, IMO, why the Durango continues.

Sitting in traffic on the I5N at Sheldon the other day, all lanes stop and go except the carpool lane which was all go. Rained that morning, so i'm in the car.

Heard the sound of screeching brakes on my left. Looked up to see a Kia Soul merging from the #1 lane to the carpool lane, and ONE SECOND later, a Chrysler 200 slamming into the back of it. Nose down in "anchors aweigh"mode, he was frantically braking. Traffic moves and everybody fucks off.

I was literally the only person who stopped to check in on the drivers of both cars. And I was two lanes over. Errbody else just went on their way.

Both parties were ok.

Be careful out there guys. Especially if you ride. She didn't see a 3500lb car coming with headlights on. No chance she'd see you.

Edit; sorry. I thought we had an omnibus "bad driving" thread but I couldn't find it. Dumped it in here as a result.

It's in the Pit Stop.

And aren't carpool lanes over there double-yellowed with designated entry/exit points? Did they also cross a double-yellow?

I'm always nervous about that exact scenario when I'm moving along in a carpool lane and traffic next to me is at a dead stop. Most of the time there's no additional shoulder to the left of the carpool lane, so if someone pulls out you're screwed.

Yeah, we even have that issue here where they put plastic poles up between the normal lanes and express lanes. I try to travel in the left of the two express lanes when on my bike with slow traffic in the normal lanes. It's against my normal stay right except to pass rule following, but people on bikes have died here because of it. I will move over right if someone is coming up behind me...

...which has never happened on the bike in the express lanes