Page 223 of 224 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2232

Thread: Miscellaneous Stuff

Sum like dat.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Dall-E mini is out (This is the fully AI generated image creator) so I decided to see what it would do with "concept car" and "concept car 1980s". Interesting results. The way this works is still a mystery to me

║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Australia got a lot more Ford Laser TX3 Turbo than the Mazda. Pretty much same car, the TX3 was built in Japan while most other Lasers were assembled in Australia.
    Plenty of Laser buyers had no idea that they were buying a 323 clone!

Who remembers the Camel Trophy? The pictures alone are incredible: https://buff.ly/3HC5mf8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Australia got a lot more Ford Laser TX3 Turbo than the Mazda. Pretty much same car, the TX3 was built in Japan while most other Lasers were assembled in Australia.
    Plenty of Laser buyers had no idea that they were buying a 323 clone!
    Now the BF and BG four wheel drive Familia's are unicorns, because their running gear was made out of butter, with a side serving of hopes and prayers. But you could get decent power out of the engines. Not the ideal combination.

A friend had a fairly heavily breathed on BFMR, and I was able to hold out an Sti coupe off over a mountain range.

Quote Originally Posted by XHawkeye View Post
    Who remembers the Camel Trophy? The pictures alone are incredible: https://buff.ly/3HC5mf8.
    Only the name. I never followed it. I do remember the Camel Guy being in ads in Road & Track magazine when I had a subscription in the early/mid 1980s. He was a curly-haired blonde guy in safari clothes doing manly things like arm-wresting in a bar in a jungle with a cigarette in his mouth.

The Marlboro Man rode a horse, but Camel Guy flew small planes and climbed mountains and so forth. This was before cartoon smokesperson Joe Camel made the scene.

Rollin'
    In my old '5-0*
    With the rag top down
    So my hair can blow...

*for 1950

Yes, I know that rounded hood and rounded front fenders didn't appear on Jeeps until around 1953, but such are the demands of songwriting.

What the fuck.

Talk about lighting money on fire.