Page 85 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Stuff

Christmas gift idea for the person who has everything.

Great news, we have Minardi PS05 carbon brake discs back in stock, £25.00 each or £90.00 for a set of 4 plus postage, email us at f1partsfinder@hotmail.co.uk to order.

Wow, I never knew it went there

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    has anyone else noticed how car manufacturers over the years seem to have completely abandoned the "pull up" somewhat flush-mounted door handle in favor of the "pull toward you" open handle kind? I mean it probably is much more reliable and feels less flimsy, just thought it was interesting as I think almost all new cars have changed to it.

Yeah that's true. I always miss cleaning the inside area when I wash the car and notice it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    has anyone else noticed how car manufacturers over the years seem to have completely abandoned the "pull up" somewhat flush-mounted door handle in favor of the "pull toward you" open handle kind? I mean it probably is much more reliable and feels less flimsy, just thought it was interesting as I think almost all new cars have changed to it.
    I'm sure glad that they have. The pull up style absolutely sucks when your car is frozen shut and you are trying to get the door open.

That's what I was thinking Phil. That definitely sucked in the winter.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about....it's December and 82 degrees here

I know a guy who ripped off the pull up style rear hatch handle on his first gen Scion tC when the hatch was frozen shut. After he told me about that, I observed that it was not an uncommon occurrence on 1st gen Scion tCs around Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    I know a guy who ripped off the pull up style rear hatch handle on his first gen Scion tC when the hatch was frozen shut. After he told me about that, I observed that it was not an uncommon occurrence on 1st gen Scion tCs around Chicago.
    It's not an uncommon occurence on ANY 1st gen Scion tC's...take it from a former owner.

The problem is two fold. First, the piece is plastic when it should be metal, second the hatchback struts wear out and you have to forcibly push up on the handle every time you open it.

BTW, almost every scion TC I see around here has a lot of tape over it or replaced it (I can tell because they often swap it with a different color).

Mine was taped up for a while before I could get a replacement and find the time to install it, real PITA to put in.