Page 84 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Stuff

My dream project, complete with dream mustache.

Even has an old bespectacled fat guy named Lucky!

LIKE.

With that van those two don't look like serial killers at all.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I had an interesting dream last night ....I was walking around somewhere and they had a contest to win a new Acura....I got keys and tried to start the car and it worked...won the car. Sadly it wasn't the new NSX, but another concept car.

It was a really complex interior with lots of buttons everywhere and high tech features (I feel like this is reaction to my 86/FR-S which is bare minimum when it comes to this).

ANYWAY, the interesting part is that since the features were so unique, they had a screen with a video game that you could play to get used to the controls before you actually drive the car. I thought this was a cool idea that could be a way for new drivers, or people not experienced with certain driving setups to learn how to drive the car better with actual controls (for drive by wire at least)

https://jalopnik.com/the-mazda6-is-f...ger-1820469184

The Mazda 6 will be getting the turbocharged engine from the CX9, which currently outputs 227 hp and 310 lbs*ft.
    Get that weak shit off my track

It's actually 250 hp on premium gas. I don't understand why all these publications quote the 227 hp number you get on 87 octane when they don't do that for any other engine that gets reduced power on regular.

I doubt it'll be available with stick, unfortunately.

That's interesting. I wonder if that's some kind of marketing guidance/press release talk from Mazda, or if it's publications deciding that the intended market for the vehicle are people who are worried about gas mileage and therefore far more likely to be using 87 octane rather than 93.

Edit: doing a little digging

- Mazda's website currently lists 250 hp with a footnote about the lower octane/output
    - Some Mazda press releases about the vehicle don't mention any output numbers (including the initial one)
    - Press releases about the vehicle list 250 hp with a parenthetical immediately following about the lower octane/output
    - The initial press release about the engine lists 227 hp with a footnote about the higher octane/output
    Last edited by Kchrpm; November 15th, 2017 at 09:47 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

They probably quote that because Mazda actually quoted a power figure for 87 octane and said that it was fine to use it. I haven't seen too many other manufacturers do that.

I would be shocked if the Mazda6 turbo got offered with a manual transmission. They really don't sell enough of them to go through the expense of development. The best year of the current Mazda6 totaled 57k sold. They don't need a super sporty Mazda6 as a halo car when the Miata exists.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    maybe they'll do a mazdaspeed 6 variant