Page 102 of 278 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2778

Thread: Miscellaneous Stuff

I imagine in '92 it was more about the execution.

Yeah, some things just weren't ready for prime time yet. Anyone remember wireless controllers before PlayStation got them right? They were useless.

Proximity keys on the Juke were awesome.

The GameCube Wavebird was awesome. Sony's good wireless controllers were later.

I think.

Junior Potato
    Door poppers are pretty pimp, especially for a car from yesterday’s future like the DeLorean.

But I’m waiting patiently for the day when your Lamborghini pops up from out of nowhere and folds into shape around you when you go to sit down, like in Iron Man when Tony Stark summons his suit. That would be the ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    People, you have to use your hand to open your car door, right?

After you open your door with your hand, use that very same hand to push down on the door lock button, or on the button that locks all doors at once if your car is that new and fancy. Close the door and walk away.

It's really easy. Try it and see!
    I’ve never owned a car where that works.
    Close the door and it will unlock the drivers door. You need to hold the handle up while closing the door for it to stay locked.
    This is mean to stop you accidentally locking yourself out.

Our family car from the 70s was the last car I remember that you could just shut the door and it stayed locked. I’m pretty sure my first car didn’t (a 1987 Nissan). Definitely my 1990 Nissan had this feature.

I've only had one car where you need to hold the handle up while closing the door for it to stay locked.
    Even then I think it was modified (one of the four MR2s, since the other three didn't do that) to do that

Things are fuzzy now, but it might have been the cars with power door locks you didn't have to hold up the handle, and the cars with manual locks you had to hold the handle up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    The GameCube Wavebird was awesome. Sony's good wireless controllers were later.

I think.
    You probably know better than I. I just remember a wireless controller or two from, I think, the SNES era, which basically didn't work or had huge input delays.

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    I've only had one car where you need to hold the handle up while closing the door for it to stay locked.
    Even then I think it was modified (one of the four MR2s, since the other three didn't do that) to do that
    The Hino truck I drive for work is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    I’ve never owned a car where that works.
    Close the door and it will unlock the drivers door. You need to hold the handle up while closing the door for it to stay locked.
    This is mean to stop you accidentally locking yourself out.

Our family car from the 70s was the last car I remember that you could just shut the door and it stayed locked. I’m pretty sure my first car didn’t (a 1987 Nissan). Definitely my 1990 Nissan had this feature.
    Japanese cars in the 70s and 80s did this in the US - you had to hold the handle up for it to stay locked. They did away with it in cars they sent to the US starting in the late 80s/early 90s, I think. My 80s Mazdas had this feature but later ones didn't.

That explains it... I thought it was ubiquitous since the early 80s!
    Does make it harder to lock your keys in. But not impossible - with a wagon/hatchback the easiest accident was opening the hatch, hitting the lock then throwing keys in a bag in the back, then deciding you don’t want to get the bag out, slam hatch. How do I know that!?

These days they tend to get smart enough that unlock will also lock! Hit unlock, don’t open a door and 30s later it locks. Does mean you can hit either button in a car park and not have to worry did I hit the right button.
    The Boxster has an option for unlock to do both doors or just driver door (2nd push for passenger). This is set in the car options in the computer (yeah most new cars have a computer with touch screen interface - scary)