Page 48 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Stuff

Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Yes? Were you unprepared for the artistry of the PT?

Hold on, still processing what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I have a truck that is paid for, I own a house. The next order is to build an ffr 818. I'm not in a position for FICO to matter at all. As far as I am concerned, it is a trap to get people to owe money.
    You're still leaving money on the table like TSG said.

You have expenses, no? Gas. Insurance. Food. Bills. Traffic/ parking tickets maybe? Those are all expenditures which you could recoup money for paying. There are no fee cards that will give you cash back on everything you spend. There is a discover card that will give you 5% (it rotates what the 5% is so it's not always on the same thing) AND DOUBLE IT so if you take their introductory offer (0% interest for 12 months or something, I don't remember) you're making money.

I pay all my normal bills with a credit card. Internet. DirecTV. Gas. Food. Electricity. Insurance. Dining out. Hotels and airfare. Etc. I get a check at the end of the year that I can spend at Costco.
    I take that check, cash it out and pay the credit card bill with it.

Our coup this year was a British Airways credit card promotion - spend $3k and get 50,000 miles. But spend $10k over the entire year and get 100,000 miles. All the bills got paid with the card. Next billing cycle we will have 200,000 BA miles for doing exactly what we were going to do (and had to do) anyway. Literally a free trip to Europe (admittedly flying coach ) for having electricity and water.

Credit cards are a trap to get people to owe money. That's how they finance these promotions. But you know that. Don't fall into the trap. Don't spend more than you make, get the perks that all the other idiots subsidized. We save all our major expenses for the November-April timeframe and take advantage of whatever bait credit card promotion is on offer around Christmas. We never have a problem hitting the spend requirements because we've been anticipating the spend all year. Things like new tires, or gutters for the house, or even clothes make it easy to do. This year it was British Airways miles which worked out great. The year before it was $500 in Amazon money from Citi for me and $350 in cash for her. No idea what's up for next year, we might be running out of credit cards to churn... been doing this since '08.

Other than getting the 5% cashback on gas and restaurant for Discover, I've never been very good about gaming that system.

Yup, it's too much work for me. Any amount of work is too much work. 

Just pay your credit card bill in full. It's not hard.

I don't like credit so my two credit cards are very low limits. I know that's an exceptional circumstance but there it is.