Page 80 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Stuff

Yeah, I don't doubt his actual experiences, just his 'knowledge' of the car, and the explanations.

The tire balancing seems kinda BS though. Not saying McLaren didn't do this, just a bit of overkill for anyone that doesn't intend to take the car over 200mph (most in the US probably won't even see 150). It's not about it being a race car, it's about being safe at 240mph, which is what McLaren, I assume, standardizes its maintenance for. Yeah, you need $50k worth of special tires, and perfect balance for those speeds.

That guy clearly knows almost nothing about the F1!

Check this thread out on Pistonheads if you want a goldmine of McLaren F1 information. It is the fifth such thread.

If you have any time to spare after that then check out what has to be the most extensive F40 LM rebuild ever. Here.

read that quickly and saw the picture, thought "damn, didn't know they redesigned Godzilla, looks real nice now"

The GLA 45 AMG comes with a 2.0L twin-scroll turbo
    The latesty issue of Motor Trend has it listed at 375hp 350ft-lb, how drivable would that be? I know tuners in the 90's were able to do that, but the lag and reliability wouldn't be acceptable in a new Mercedes-Benz

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review...des-amg/gla-45

http://www.evo.co.uk/mercedes/gla/19...s-dynamics-for

From the latter: "The engine itself is spritely, revs up quickly and cleanly, and emits a pleasant and crisp noise as it does so. Surprisingly, considering how heavily boosted the engine is to produce so much from so little, the engine’s power delivery is very linear. What’s not so shocking is the engine's punch. The first time you touch the throttle it creates a startling leap forward, but it's surprisingly easy to get used to the performance and that initial thrust soon seems almost routine."

I wonder if it has an electric anti-lag setup. They're not mentioning it, so probably not.
    Get that weak shit off my track

That's exactly what was thinking
    Couldn't find any mention of an electric aid anywhere either