Thread: Travis is back, doing what he does best!

Travis is back, doing what he does best!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=619903294713981

Rally America 2014 suddenly just got interesting.

I have not closely followed his entire career, I thought he was better on bikes than in rally cars. Was he very successful in rallying?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Four consecutive championships, if I remember correctly.

NASCAR wasn't his game... he's far to ADHD (just my personal opinion... not a medical diagnostic) to stick with the same 4 corners for 500 miles. But through a forest, sideways, at 100 miles per hour? Dude is ON! Better than Ken is/ever was. The only reason Ken is faster now is the near-WRC spec car vs everything else in North America which isn't at that level.
    Last edited by Impreza; January 14th, 2014 at 08:54 AM.

Oh, he must have been doing a US rally championship which I rarely see any coverage of and haven't made the effort to follow on my own, that's why I didn't know how well he was doing (I just remember him doing extremely well at the Race of Champions one year when his co-driver got hurt). Good for him!

I was under the impression that Ken Block (I assume that's who you mean) never had amazing racing results, and in my opinion didn't really need them considering his ability to plan and execute his gymkhana runs/videos.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Block is good, he's just not as good as the general fandom give him credit for. He gave David Higgins a proper run for the championship last year, but threw it away at the last rally when he (shocker) wrecked the car. Two years ago he obliterated the top 2 cars in Canada at the Rallye Défi (one of my events) but you could plainly see on every corner/bump/jump how much more connected his car was with the road versus everything else. The amount of travel on a WRC suspension is mind boggling when you compare to the other cars in the field... crests, dips, massive ditch hooks.... the tires just never broke contact with the road. Nobody with a "conventional" chassis car (read: Evo X or STi) could get their suspension to work like that, regardless of what parts they bolt on.