Thread: Facebook, Firefox, and Fotos fight.

Facebook, Firefox, and Fotos fight.

This is on my mother's Win7 64 machine. In Firefox 34 and 35, when you click on a photo on Facebook it sits below its proper area. It persists at full screen too.

Chrome is fine.

And no, this is my mother we're talking about - she's too used to Firefox to use Chrome.

Any idea how to fix? I've tried turning off extensions, changing themes, and I'm kind of at a loss. My Googling powers are failing me. It seems like this is the way Firefox chooses to render Facebook code but I know of no other Firefox users having this problem (including me).

Examples:
    20150128_220247b.jpg

20150128_220306b.jpg

Reinstall it or try disabling all plug-ins?

If you haven't, try purging the cache. It may or may not help.

This scenario - or one very similar to it - is what caused me to abandon Firefox finally. Inexplicably, Chase's website stopped working on one of my devices under Firefox with very similar behavior - things in the wrong place. I'm talking about three identical installations of FF, with zero plugins, themes, or any modifications whatsoever. It was the last straw.

You can try using TFC... (I keep this one handy)
    TFC by Old Timer http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/TFC-T...r-file187.html and save it to your desktop.

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! This will also eliminate all desktop shortcuts, so just be aware!

Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
    Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.

Important! Manually reboot the machine to ensure a complete clean.

Just some info-----> TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.
    It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.
    MS MVP Consumer Security 2006~2016