Cayman GT4

Engine from the Carrera S
    Front suspension from the GT3
    New rear suspension
    Brakes from the GT3
    Working aero
    Mechanical LSD
    6 speed manual only

About 5 years ago at the end of a top gear series Clarkson did a atmospheric piece on the V12 Vantage and his fear that it was the last of its kind. At which point the automotive world started a 5 year horsepower war. Well, in that regard he was about as wrong as you could be but the feeling he had is how I feel about drivers cars now. Everything is going turbo and hybrid due to emissions. Everything is going automatic to shave a tenth in the spec sheet. To me this car looks to be one of the last real drivers cars that packs a serious punch. It also happens to be fucking awesome.

So, a (relatively) affordable old school analog sports car that can drive to work and the track, that matches a 997.2 GT3 for pace and sounds absolutely tits. I've been so well behaved with cars for the last 10 years but I think this is the one that cracks it.

Do it, and terrorise bankers who think that the 911 is "the only REAL Porsche".

I love it, but it's just about $20k more than I'm willing to spend on a car at this point.

Junior Potato
    Fuck yeah. A real headbanger.

Do it.

Awesome, but $85k US is a lot of money. As a wild guess I wouldn't expect these to depreciate a lot if they are as limited and as good as I would expect them to be.

I wish it was only 85k USD in Australia!

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I looked up the Ruf 3800S since it is basically the same concept, assuming it might be cheaper in price. Turns out its double the price of a Cayman GT4.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

85k will get a 2009 cayman s
    Gt4 will be more like 185k

Oh to have US car prices.

The thing about the GT4 is its only about 7% more than the GTS and you're getting much more car. Still expensive but quite cheap in comparison to its competitors.