Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Cayman GT4

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    And on my way how from the local Bridgestone dealer I stopped at the shopping mall and bumped into IMOA!
    Who kinda sorta didn't recognise the newly rather svelte dicknose

I'm still waiting for a set of rear Cup2's to arrive, kinda frustrating as I've got a week by myself so perfect for sneaking off for a drive but I don't want to push it on a dodgy right rear. I've been very impressed with the Cup2's, massive grip for a non semi and really good life while working just fine in the wet (not so great in the cold)

Nice. Back to back comparison please!

One of the things we discussed was me chucking a sickie in the next couple of weeks and doing a decent drive on a weekday because weekends are out with dicknose's heavy beach volleyball schedule.

And on queue the tyre shop just called and they're in so going to get them fitted tomorrow morning.

Incidentally, DN, what beach towels do you use? The Tesselate ones have been heavily advertised on Instagram. It would be nice to have a towel that absorbs water but doesn't hold sand.

Towels?
    I usually don't jump in the water unless it's very hot. If I do I tend to bring a chamois style cloth.

Re the re71 mileage (or is that kilometreage) I get about 12k km out of tyres, the p-zero got that, the cup 2s are close to that but still holding in. Might be heat cycled by next track day, but they aren't torn apart like the pirellis.
    If I like the Bridgestones I will probably turn around and order another set due to the lead time.

IMOA, did Macquarie Pass today, because well i was heading to the south side of Sydney for dinner tonight, so I thought I might as well drop by the National and Macquarie Pass on my way!

Cool. Thanks.

7500 miles sounds about right. I have about 4000 miles and ~80 autocross runs on my first set and still have a little bit of tread showing--rubber is getting a bit hard, though.
    Whoomah!

Wow
    Just did a check for used Spyders on a car sales site and there is one. First I've seen this year. Only seen one before and that was asking 230k
    $270k for a car that was probably about $195k new
    There are 14 GT4 with just one being more than this, but that is clearly a big ask when most of the others are around 230k and the cheapest is 200k.

Hmm maybe I should bounce it for a buck and buy a lesser cheaper Boxster. Help fund the retirement!