Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 4

Mass Effect 4

Just opening up a thread to post thoughts, wishes and articles in.

::

Mass Effect 4: New Details Reveal its Massiveness, Possible Release Date and Nearly 200 Devs Engaged in Development.
    The post also reveals the nature of seriousness and urgency in BioWare as it has deployed nearly 200 developers who are engaged in the game's development, the number of developers has shot up since Inquisition. "There were about 50 or so devs on the game around when DAI shipped, that's since quadrupled in number," the post said.

He also revealed that the developers have already locked the title for the game. He said only the public calls it as Mass Effect 4, indicating that BioWare has a different name for this game.
    Mass Effect 4 is in full production now and has been since the release of Inquisition. "It didn't enter full production until DAI was near complete," the post said. Shinobi602 looks confident that Mass Effect 4 will release in 2016, "It's 100% coming next year." It could be released in the 2016 Spring too. However, a definite release date for the game has not been "set internally."
    Mass Effect 4's Mako vehicle may be customisable.
    Industry insider shinobi602 – who has a good track record with scoops and leaks – also stated that Bioware are "toying around with" the idea of the Mako being customisable. He also said the vehicle wouldn't have a cannon, as it is "meant to be a quick-deploy exploratory vehicle".
    I'm not holding my breath that it'll be a free-roam open-world build-your-own-spaceship kinda game... but I am. #preparingfordisappointment
    Last edited by novicius; March 8th, 2017 at 07:02 AM.

I AM EXCITE

After the Mass Effect 3 debacle, Bioware's association with EA and the departure of Bioware's original founders, I'm not sure I want to patronize their products.

Mass Effect Online Producer Job Listing Suggests Expanded Multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    The information about the position comes from Chris Wynn, the senior developer in charge of the project, and there are comments from fans who are asking for more details about the online elements of the title, although none are offered.

The actual BioWare job ad says that the chosen developer will have to “Create and champion the vision of the multi-player, connected experiences and online features of the game which respects the project leadership goals and be accountable for the quality targets and the results achieved.”
    WHIPPING BOY NEEDED.

I still enjoyed the heck out of ME3 and really like Inquisition a lot as well. It feels like they addressed a lot that was missing from the previous Dragon Age games. I'm really looking forward to the next Mass Effect game.

ME3 MP was quite good fun actually and they released plenty of free MP stuff. Whilst you could pay for upgrades you could also earn stuff in game, it just took longer.

Don't get me wrong, I played the heck out of ME3 and liked it. I didn't even mind the disappointing ending... Then, they kept "improving" the multiplayer. By improving I mean making it buggy and more difficult by making it flat-out cheap. They placated the hardcore gamers by ostracizing the casual gamer, me.

I know a guy that quit Bioware after ME3 came out. I hear it became an unhappy place after it was bought by EA.

I've been playing Mass Effect 3 again in the past couple of days. Way back when, I was stoked to hear that Mass Effect 3 was going to have multiplayer. I had big hopes that it would be like Halo's multiplayer campaign. I was disappoint. However, I did have a lot of fun for a while playing ME3 multiplayer matches... Then they kept making it harder (cheap) to placate the hardcore players. It really turned me off.

I was quite surprised to find out there are still people playing ME3 multiplayer. It took me no time at all to get a full squad with Quick Match. It seems they've dailed back the cheapness.

ME4 better have multiplayer campaign. Of course, it will probably only be on Xbone.
    Last edited by Cam; April 4th, 2015 at 06:57 AM.

Problem with a co-op campaign, the story, at least previously, revolved around a single character. I would absolutely LOVE a co-op campaign. I don't understand why it isn't more common these days. Other than the Borderlands games I think the last co-op campaign game I can think of is the last WW2 CoD game?

Destiny sort of counts as having a co-op campaign.