Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 4

Hopefully they patch it. They're usually pretty good at that.

Well, the enemies have been that way since ME3, so I do not have much hope it will improve.

It just froze on me again playing multiplayer.

So often, enemies are teleporting around and appearing seemingly out of nowhere. It's just as buggy as ME3.

Early days, and so many things to do out there other than play video games. Not fussed.

Those are some truly philosophical words on gaming from the man with 3000 games and no time to play them ever I'm kidding, I'm kiiiiddddiiinnnng

This was potentially going to be a day 1 purchase for me, but all this talk has brought me back down to Earth (lol). Mass Effect has always been my Star Wars, and it's a bit disappointing to see the critical feedback for this release. Listening to the Giant Bombcast, I think they hit the nail on the head: It's no coincidence this got released end of March. They must have had an ultimatum to hit the Q1 release. I'm hoping they can spruce the game up with a series of patches to bring the game in to it's intended release form.... and hopefully by then it'll have a few nice sales.

So like I said, early days and many things to do other than play video games. Thanks for agreeing with me.

So many things to do, like wasting time on an internet forum.

Well, my copy turned up no the post today, but might not get around to installing/patching/yadda yadda till the weekend, or next week.

Miss ME. Hope this doesn't go all '3' on me tho!

Having spent significantly more time with multiplayer, I think I can give a better review. I have barely started story mode.

Fundamentally, ME:A multiplayer is nearly exactly the same as ME3 multiplayer. They essentially shined it up for Andromeda. I think most of the issues I have been having are related to lag. In games with good connections, it is mostly fine. I have determined that you are not necessarily supposed to win when you are low-level. You have to build up your experience, powers and weapons before you can start doing better. The game sometimes simply overwhelms you with enemies. Problems start occurring when the team is spread out across the map, as the game appears to spawn enemies practically on top of you. On one of the open maps, I watched enemies spawn within view. When you are matchmaking with randoms, they tend to run around like a scared rat on crack. Overall, I am enjoying it as much as I enjoyed ME3. I just have to hope for the best when I join random rooms. Ascendants are still super-cheap though. Right now, there is a disappointing number of maps; four, I think.

I think the best thing to do at the beginning is to purchase only Basic Packs. You can quickly get the base weapons up to level X. I already have the base assault rifle, pistol, sniper rifle and submachine gun (which is classified as a pistol) at X. I am at the point where I think I need to start buying the next pack up though to get different weapons and upgrades. I saw someone with Carnifex earlier. Many weapons are identical to ME3. Some have new names though. What was the Tempest is now the Charger, for example. I look forward to teaming up with some folks from here.

Sorry I didnt join last night Cam. I got caught up in the story. Send me an invite if you see me on tonight.