7 14.89%
  • Occasional social smoker

6 12.77%
  • Totally addicted

3 6.38%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoke?

Smoke?

Just saw a John Oliver thing on smoking which was interesting and worthy of a thread why not.

I never have, and my partner is approaching three years smoke free now. I basically made her quit, using guilt and all sorts of dirty tricks but you can't argue with results

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Pretty fucking disturbing in that case.

occasionally trees or a cigar...

Grew up in a house full of smoke and hated every second of it. Just the thought of it, let alone the smell of it, makes me sick to me stomach. Now I have early emphysema because of my parent's actions.

And yes, I'm bitter about it.

Shishah, cigars, cigarillos, even the occasional trees, sure. But cigarettes? No thanks.

I've never smoked, but I don't mind a little bit of cigarette smoke, as long as I'm not choking on it or if it gets into my clothes.

A lot of my friends back in school smoked. So, I generally associate the smell of cigarettes with having a good time. So, I have no desire to actually smoke, but I like the smell up to a point. Strange, eh?

Cigars only, once every few months.

It's fucking disgusting. No offense.

Grew up in a household where my mother (thankfully) quit smoking when I was maybe 5 or 6, and my dad is still a chainsmoker. You don't realize it until you leave--smoke is just sort of there, at all times. After moving away, I now come back once or twice a year for holidays to a home I simply cannot stand; the entire place reeks of nicotine, even though he smokes almost exclusively in his man-cave in the basement. Everything has a yellow film on it, and even up on the top floor, it's all you can smell. Within an hour or so of being there, my sinuses completely solidify and I'm mouth-breathing for the rest of the visit, my eyes red and bleary, constantly going to the bathroom to wash my hands because I FEEL the nicotine film on them.

So while my sister picked up the habit, I avoided peer pressure when growing up and find it absolutely vile. Other than the old guys I work with, not a single person I know in my own circle of friends smokes, and it's excellent. Any and all measures taken by a government to prevent smoking are good in my book, no matter what ridiculous "personal freedom" argument smoking assholes come up with. And believe me, I hear those arguments every time I go home for Christmas from my single-lung father. And out of the other side of his mouth, he asks why we don't visit more often.

Likely because of him, I have various throat, nose and eye issues with breathing, swelling and watering. We can only help this bullshit will be completely gone in another generation.
    Last edited by tigeraid; February 19th, 2015 at 07:15 AM.

My dad smoked for the first 15 years of my life. Thankfully, he quit. I really don't like smoke from anything. People that smoke don't realize how much they stink.