• Occasional social smoker

6 12.77%
  • Totally addicted

3 6.38%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Smoke?

I believe in you, Sandy! You can do it!

(Quit smoking and/or masturbate.)

Thanks. Relapsed after ten days. Recalibrating myself and getting ready to quit again. Maybe I should wait till I’m smoke free for three months before posting again.

No problems masturbating, thanks.

Baby steps dude. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Maybe instead of try to set longer goals, you should just make your goals easier for now... like not smoking for a day.

If you made it thru that day, post here and let’s all celebrate with you.

Let’s see if we can do it everyday for the next 3 months!

You did the best you could, bruv. You can do this.

I quit smoking again...it's been a month. Turned to vaping instead which does contain nicotine. So technically not a real quit as the nicotine addiction continues, but in lesser amounts. Also instead of inhaling toxic smoke and tar, I'm inhaling less toxic vapor. I know it's not "safe"...so forget that word, let's just say it's safer. Still don't like that word? Ok then let's say it's less harmful. Definitely doesn't cause anywhere near the same amount of pain in the lungs that cigarettes did. I know the real achievement will be when I quit this too, and I'm confident that day is coming. I've noticed I could take it or leave it. There have been days where I've gone the entire day without picking up the vape stick until the very end of the day, and felt no real discomfort or noticeable withdrawal. I do find I enjoy it more in the evening sitting on the couch in front of the TV, (I could safely vape inside, something I wouldn't ever think of doing with cigarettes).

It all started a little over a month ago when my son made me watch an episode of Broken, on Netflix, that focused on vaping. The episode was actually more concerned with teenagers in the US getting hooked on JUUL, and their apparent business model of targeting youngsters, but they also recognized the usefulness of vaping as an off-ramp for smokers, especially in the UK. I'm using it as a bridge to completely quitting nicotine. I don't use JUUL but instead a Canadian alternative called STLTH (pronounced Stealth). I'm told it's on par with JUUL, and the pods are a little cheaper and bigger than JUUL. The thing I like about it is you get a decent dose of nicotine when you puff, that's comparable to a cigarette puff, and it gives you a decent throat hit as well - something that was absent in my previous vaping attempts with those nicotine-free disposable pens.

So I've been at it for a month and while I do occasionally miss cigarettes, (the routine and ritual of it), I don't think I'll be going back. It's just too smelly and filthy, and I kind of like feeling clean. My clothes and my car thank me too. But the real reason I won't be relapsing is because my son kind of threatened start smoking if I didn't stop, and I sort of believe him. I think no parent, whether a smoker or not, is comfortable with the idea of their kid smoking cigarettes. He's almost 18, and it got to the point where he was so fed up with my smoking...and honestly, I was too. Most of all he's concerned for my health, which is touching. He said he doesn't want to see me in a hospital bed anytime soon.

So I guess I'll check back in a month or so...or when I eventually quit vaping. I'm going to start on the lower nicotine level pods very soon. Probably the next time I go to the vape shop.

No need to wait for a month.

Why don't you check back here to celebrate how clean you are everything you feel the urge to light up? If you never ever felt the urge, then I guess we can stop celebrating!

Good luck man!

I probably wouldn't have remembered, except everyone's talking about Cinco De Mayo today.

I'm ten years tobacco free.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Only ten?, When did you pick up cycling?

I never smoked like, continuously, but it's been some years since I had the old fag. And I sometimes just want to light up one of those mini cigars.
    acket.

I started cycling ten years ago also, after about twenty years of not doing it. The two were not related, but I'm happy about both. I just need to make the time to get back on my bike. Life is very busy right now.