Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GTXF Diecast Collectors

and Tami thinks my collection is big This is now one of my heroes along with Mike Zarnock.

That is righteously bad ass.

After much frantic ebaying I'm glad to say I finally managed to snag one of these.

AE86.jpg

It has been way more popular than anyone thought. One retailer sold 45+ in less than 2 hours. Consequently I paid a little more than I would have liked to but it's a fantastic model. I also have the original comic version that was limited to 1000 pieces in Japan only, and the Special Tuned version in white. I may sell the special tuned one as it really isn't needed now. We'll see how that goes...

Wanna Fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonder View Post
    I may sell the special tuned one as it really isn't needed now. We'll see how that goes...
    I'm listening...

I saw a real one on the road behind me on Sunday. It looked great, save for the deep-dish rims on it (I know they're valid but I just don't really like the look). They are quite rare, even here.

So I ordered an RB9 from MintModels.com and it came with a broken front wing. I sent an email not long after i got it, and never heard back. I called their toll free number today (Saturday, btw) and a nice lady picked up right away. After pulling up my info and apologizing for not getting the email, she explained how they have had lot of problems with this particular model, and have even been in contact with the manufacturer who confirmed an unusual amount of problems. She explained how they have been shipping them with some cardboard propping up the wing for extra support (though mine didn't have that I don't think).

She said she's fixed it with a bit of superglue, and it's an easy fix, but they'll gladly send me a return box. She even said to try fixing it myself, and if it doesn't work out, to call back for a return anyway. I have no problem doing that, especially since there's a good chance I'll just get another broken one. So two thumbs up or their customer service, in case anyone was wondering.

Now, as for the best glue to use, any suggestions? Should I remove the paint at the join points?

(Oh and for those wondering, I'm not a huge Red Bull/Vettel fan, just starting an F1 champs collection to go alongside the Le Mans winners I'm collecting)

That last but brings me to another topic. Other than the Maistos (911 GT-1 '98, BMW LMR-V12 '99 and three R8's (00-02) Le mans winners from the last 20 years are extremely expensive and rare in 1:18. I hope that scales picks up in popularity again and gets better availability. An R18 Quattro from last year is like $300. Also, I'm punching mysef for not picking up the one of the McLaren F1's from 95 that were all over eBay for like $50-75 a few years ago.

I love 1:18s, but the problem is finding space to display them.

Junior Potato
    Best bet is to pick them up as they're produced. Spark is right in the middle of releasing last year's Le Mans range, so get on it now.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to try to do.