Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: GTXF Diecast Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Which one was under the cover?
    Milk truck?

Some of the Tomica die casts are quite cool.

My latest non 1/64 acquisition. Donnie Allison's Miller Nova that he raced in the Busch series in 1986. Kind of funny that they still ran Novas/Venturas/Omegas so many years after they quit being produced. Caught a Busch race from '83 at North Wilkesboro on Youtube and one of the back markers was running a Dodge Challenger(the original one, not the Mistu based one). While eBay lists the same model going anywhere from $75-$125, I somehow lucked into this at $15.50. The seller repeatedly told me I got a hell of a deal on it. Guess so.
    I bought my niece's son a few Matchbox for last Xmas. I hadn't bought any in many years. It made me curious. It started with getting an MBX Volvo wagon off of Amazon for $4. Six months later and I have somehow amassed 350 Matchbox and Hot Wheels. Don't know how that happened. And that Volvo wagon? I keep seeing it at every Dollar Tree I visit for $1. Heh.

Donnie Allison Nova 1.jpg

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonder View Post
    My unicorn finally acquired. Autoart's long awaited F1 LM.

It is magnificent.

I've basically given up hope of ever owning one of these seeing as brand new stock is available on eBay for over US$800. I held one in my hand when they were new and it could've been mine for $120

But TSM-Model has made them and they are in stock at the manufacturer's website. They're probably not as good as the AA ones from 1996 but still... If anyone is keen they're US$215

Factor in shipping and currency conversion that's AU$460

Wow! $800? Might as well be $8millIon for me... can’t afford it.

Junior Potato
    So I ended up buying a TSM McLaren F1 GTR LM as a Christmas present to myself and it arrived today

It's... beautiful.

Administrator
    Oh wow, that's pretty amazing.

I keep circling around buying this:

I already have so many C7s of various sizes, but no Grand Sports...unless one of the Hot Wheels is...
    Get that weak shit off my track

I'm just packing up my models that were on display for my move next month. What a pain they are, but I'm so glad I keep all the boxes and such for this reason. I have some older ones that I have to wrap in bubble wrap, but luckily they're all the cheaper Maisto. While rare, they're also more thick plastic for the wings and such, so less delicate.

I really wish my Crocodile R8 hadn't broken though

Also, I've always wanted to have one of each of my personal cars, but as of now have none. I had a 325is that I took apart to paint green, but lost it in a move.

That McF1 is great.