Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band 4

Administrator
    11/30 Rivals - Making Strides

As the 2000s evolved, so did the music. A surprisingly large shift within a decade spurs another week. (Songs from the second half of 2000s).

Spotlight songs:

• Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
    • My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words
    • The Protomen - Light Up the Night

Administrator
    Sorry to bring this one back up, but I believe there's a couple of you on here that are also on my Rivals crew.

I think we've actually got a shot at Bloodstone this season. We hit diamond this past week with only my wife and me playing and have two more weeks to try to go up. The second week will be easier than the first, just due to better crews getting promoted and lesser crews being brought up into diamond, but I think either is possible.

They've broken up the rankings into three categories - scores on the spotlight songs count for 1/3, XP counts for 1/3, and "LP" (which is essentially how well your crew ranks per song per week per tier) is 1/3. We're in solid shape as is on spotlight and LP, but XP is where we need it. Which just means, we need people in the crew playing songs.

If you've felt like picking the game up and playing some, the next two weekends would be great times to do so. XP is what we need more than anything, which means it doesn't matter how well you play, just play.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; August 22nd, 2018 at 07:23 PM.

Administrator
    Okay, maybe not this weekend, the spotlight songs are a) 2/3 new DLC and b) suck ass.

Administrator
    Okay, it's on.

Spotlight songs are:

• The Cars - Just What I Needed
    • David Bowie - Suffragette City
    • Fleetwood Mac - You Make Loving Fun

I have all three of these songs. Spotlight scores should not be a problem, we just need play time. I might be hitting people up over XBL - we had a strong showing with only two players for diamond, so I think we can get this if we just get a couple of people playing over the 3-day (in the US) weekend.

Week starts up tomorrow evening in the US and goes through Tuesday evening. If you have time to play, please do.

I’ll see if I can’t put some time in. I’ve had the itch to play lately and have all those songs as well.

Administrator
    There should be a ton of other songs as well. The theme is bands that "have hit the pinnacle". Not sure what exactly that means, but just expect a ton of bands that have sold lots of records, or maybe it's all grammy nominated/winning bands. Either way, I'd expect a lot of songs to be available for XP/LP outside of the 3 in the spotlight.

Probably means bands that have hit #1 on the Billboard charts. Should be a large list.

Administrator
    Just from my playing today (maybe 2-3 hours or so), we're at 49% (65.3% spotlight w/out vocals yet, 47.1% LP, 33.9% XP). 85% gets us Bloodstone. I hit up RWA over XBL to try to get him on board, but it's basically you, him, and my wife that aren't randos on the team. I may still hit them up as well and see if they'll play a few rounds. FWIW, the theme appears to be bands that are in the Rock 'n ' Roll Hall of Fame.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; September 1st, 2018 at 03:29 PM.

Administrator
    Michele and I played a bit, up to 66% now. Getting closer.

Administrator
    Aww yeah, VTEC getting us way, way closer. I sent a message off to RWA but haven't heard back.