Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Band 4

Administrator
    Okay, sure enough, the export codes aren't working. They claim they're working directly with Sony & Microsoft to get that resolved.

Yeah sucks that they weren't ready for launch. I was going to wait a bit before getting it but there's a couple bundles locally on craigslist for $200 that have been used for just a couple hours so I might try to get one for that price.

Sounds like they are already working on a fix for the kick pedal issue. I'm pretty confident that most of the problems will be worked out eventually so not too worried about getting it early. I just bought $50 worth of half-off DLC the other day so am quite ready. Hoping the new "improved" instruments will be worth it eventually when they are working properly.

Keep posting Servo I'm following this.

Administrator
    Yeah, will do. Harmonix posted on their forums/Reddit that the drum issues appear to be issues with their settings for trying to cancel out crosstalk and that they have a firmware update coming soon (now, not only do you have to install day 1 patches on your games, but you have to install day 1 firmware updates too). They claim that the pedal thing was due to adjusting it to work better for heel down drummers, but I'm a heel down drummer (especially on these fragile pedals), so I can confirm it's not helping me at all.

I'm also having some issues with the guitar that it sounds like I'm not alone in. Sometimes it just seizes up. Often times with one or more of the fret buttons pressed - it just stops responding and whatever state it was in when it does it it gets stuck in. The only remedy I've found so far is to yank the batteries, wait for the console to recognize it's gone away, then put the batteries back in and reconnect. Annoying in menus, really annoying mid-song. It sounds like this is only on the XBone.

Finally, ran into a new bug last night, not sure if it's related to trying to do a "batch download your DLC" trick that I attempted last night (go into to the store to manage your game, then there's a "ready to install" button that did install something like 24 songs, but that's nowhere near all my DLC). Every once in a while, in between songs but mid setlist, the XBone will barge in with a "This game needs to install an update". I fell for it once - it kicked me out to the dashboard, and then tried to install a single song. Doing that, it killed the game, so I lost all progress on the setlist. Not a huge deal, but it's done it a couple more times since. I can cancel out and get back into the game, but it's just yet another bug.

I have no doubt that Harmonix will fix these things, they've long been a company that seems to do whatever they can to not screw over their users. No longer being in cahoots with EA makes me think it's even more likely that this will all get fixed down the road. But, if you're mostly into drumming, there's no reason to jump on it right now. I'm hearing that's even the case if you have a better drum pedal setup - someone was using a DW pedal with a Roland KD-8 running through the that little "rockbox" or whatever it was called that converted the signal to what the RB drumset expected and then you just plug directly into the set - it's still not working right and won't pick up kicks if they're too fast. Other than the issue mentioned above, guitar works well. Haven't tried singing.

Still enjoying it and playing it a fair bit, but if I didn't have faith that the issues were going to be fixed I'd probably just say to stick with RB3.

Administrator
    Okay, some of the DLC does work. I just have to go through some hoops to get there - you can't go through the store, you have to go into your games, then look for add-ons via that. You get an entirely different DLC menu than the store, and that'll let you install (at least some) of the songs, just tested it with Rush's Subdivisions and it worked fine.

Instructions here: http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/disc...ownload#latest

So the best thing to do is for everyone to wait and see?

Administrator
    Probably, unfortunately. I'm hoping that a lack of immediate buying doesn't mean that the new game will be short lived, but at the same time it's clearly not ready yet.

Just went through a lot of DLC, found about 135 of my old songs. I had somewhere in the 700 range, so there are quite a few missing.

One of the small but useful innovations for the Wii U (or rather the e-shop): grouping of DLC purchase/download. You can just mark all the things you want, and then confirm download/payment of them all at once, rather than going through the process separately for each one. For people that have hundreds of songs, it's going to be mind numbing.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    It is, though thankfully it's a quicker process to queue for download than it is to go through the purchase process, it only takes a couple of seconds to do that.

The troubling part is that a lot of songs just don't seem to be appearing in the list at all. I can think of a lot of songs I have that just weren't in there, not even as a paid download.

Well, picked me up a slightly used bundle for $200. Hope I don't regret it...

Didn't get too much of a chance this weekend to try it out but had a couple of hours last night. Only played with the guitar and seemed to work pretty well with auto-calibration, might need a minor tweak to be perfect.

Freestyle guitar solos are pretty lame, thankfully you can turn that option off and play the original solos like before.

I really like the gold star indicator. After reaching 5 stars, a gold line starts to form at the bottom of the row of stars and when it gets to the top you achieve gold star ranking.

Was able to download 309 of my 433 previously purchased DLC songs, better than I thought. Swervo- I learned something doing this I'm not sure you explained above: On the Xbone dashboard, if you go to Games/Add-ons and search for 'Rock Band 4' it will give you a large list of DLC that you can install if you've previously purchased. HOWEVER, it is NOT a complete list of what is available. You will need to use the Search feature within Add-ons to look for individual Bands/Songs that you didn't see before, and there are a ton more to find. I must have added 1/4th to 1/3rd of my DLC this way. There are a few songs that I found that I had purchased before but would not give me the option to Install but prompted me to buy again.

Mainly what I am missing now is RB1/2/3 songs, Green Day, AC/DC imports. Also some individual DLC like Blood Sugar Sex Magik album, Metallica and a few others. I'm pretty happy with what I was able to install after what I had heard. Took me a few hours to go through and do though but is was actually kind of fun for some reason.

Found out that I need a PC with Windows 7/8/10 to upgrade the firmware of the drums! I have Vista!!! Will have to figure out a way around that or borrow somebodies laptop I guess.