Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band 4

Junior Potato
    Hey man!

You’ll never catch me on XBL coz I never use it. Sorry!

Administrator
    Well, that explains that. Last I checked we were at 73%, 12 away from 85, but of course that's a moving target since the other crews are also playing. I'll be able to get some time in today, but I might not have any time Tuesday.

Administrator
    Meh. Played about 15-20 songs, full combo'd most of them, ranked pretty highly on LP, and went from 70% to...70%.

Pretty clear we're not going to make it without more active people. So much for that.

Administrator
    Haven't played since that last attempt took the wind out of my sails. That said, Slayer's Angel of Death just got released for RB4 this week, might be time to dust off the instruments again.

Administrator
    Harmonix just sold to Epic Games. They say they'll still be releasing DLC for RB4 for the foreseeable future, and that there's no intention of turning off servers or anything like that. On the downside, they said there are no current plans to manufacture more instruments, which is probably the biggest problem right now.

The bigger downside is buried at the end of the post, that Harmonix will be "creating musical journeys and gameplay for Fortnite."

They managed to survive the Viacom years, but I don't think were ever the same after that. I feel like this is the beginning of the end for Harmonix, which makes me very sad. Their games gave me a lot of good times.

I love RB4. I was never very good at the instruments but I loved to sing along with my favorite tunes. Bummer indeed...

Administrator
    I'm not even sure how well the instruments work on the newer consoles, especially on the XBox side. I've still got some working ones, but we all know it's only a matter of time for the drum kits. I do have a Roland TD-9 kit, but that requires a MIDI adapter which then requires another adapter to work with the XB1, and of course both adapters are no longer made.

I am visiting my bro at the moment. We have been playing RB2 on his 360 over the past few days. Still a great game. Sadly, he only has one guitar. Lori likes playing guitar and Tim and I swap singing and drumming. It did not take long to get my mojo back. I played a couple of songs on expert guitar after I got warmed up. Drums will take a bit more practice to get back to my old proficiency. I can easily play easier songs on hard drums. We will probably play more later today, but we are back on the road tomorrow. Singing is easier for me. I went expert on my first croon and did just fine.

Administrator
    Still sad I can't use my Roland kit, but we dust this off every once in a while. Our neighbor had never played it before and definitely had a good time.

I'm surprised that Harmonix is still actively supporting it with regular DLC releases and the Rivals competitions still going strong. Of course, the biggest problem is the lack of hardware and that shows no sign of being improved.

I have not looked, but are there no instruments available at all, like even cheap knock-offs from questionable sources?