Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple Watch

Apple Watch

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/9/816...ease-date-2015

The Apple Watch will go on sale April 24th, with prices starting at $349 and running to over $10,000 for its top-of-the-line models. Apple Watch Sport, the low-end model housed in aluminum, starts at $349 for the 38mm model and $399 for the 42mm model. The stainless steel Apple Watch will start at $549 for the 38mm model and $599 for the 42mm model, with prices ranging up to $1,049 and $1,099 depending on the band they're paired with. The 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition will start at $10,000. Those will only be available in select retail stores.
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/09/a...able-april-24/

First up, before all that, was the latest word on that much talked about battery life. Expect 18 hours of "general use" according to Cook. Basically, as assumed/feared, you'll be charging this once a day. On a plus note, there's a magnetic charger that'll make connecting it a little bit more satisfying than fiddling with a USB cable and cradle.
    Get that weak shit off my track

There's gonna be a lot of pissed off Apple fans when they realize their watch stops functioning half way through the day. Apple should have held back on this until wearable tech is more capable, imo.

My pebble gets a day with some reasonable use.
    About 4 or 5 if it's just sitting around.

Odd, I thought Pebbles got several days with normal use. Never used one, and you're the only person I know that has one, though.

The official battery time (with realistic amounts of use, from how they've described it) is 18 hours. That's enough for me.

For $349 I'd be in. But the steel case version with the Milanese band is more like $650. I'm not ready to drop that much on tech that I think is still a few years away from being fully baked.

18 hours is a joke. Seriously, having to charge your watch every night is ridiculous.

I take my watch off every night anyway, putting it on a charger means I always know where it is.

Yeah, but I know where my watches are without putting them on a charger.

I have three non-smart-watches right now, mostly because I would lose one for months, give up and buy a new one. The old one would then reveal itself.

Of course those three watches combined probably cost a tenth of what one of your watches costs, so I was never very precious with them.