Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to reinstate Jeremy Clarkson to Top Gear

Sigh... another 'traffic situation'...

However, this time, no matter how lightly and jokingly he punched the guy, I think it's safe to perceive it as a 'violent act' this time!

Still, I can't imagine what the future of entertainment would be like if everyone is expected to be so politically correct. There'd be a bunch of boring shows.

If he genuinely took a swing at a co-worker, he rates firing.

I don't care how much money he brings in, there really is no excuse for behaving like that, so there should be repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    It does not matter how light, hard, or anything it is. Contact with another person when it is not welcomed is assault and battery in the states. You can be fined and even imprisoned for stuff like this. Stop trying to dissect a situation you know nothing about, regarding people you don't know.
    Wow, there'd be fines every millisecond during typical tube commuting in London.

I see your pedantic tweezers are in fine working order, able to look past what is obviously the point of what someone is saying and grab at any tiny strand you can find to try and unravel it.

We don't know what happened. It sounds like he got physical with a coworker, and his employers decided that he had been given enough rope over the years, that this was a step too far.

Why would you sign a petition without knowing what REALLY happened? Just like I wouldn't sign a petition saying they should fire him with the amount of information available, to me it's just another case of internet commenters going off half-cocked because they're more interested in acting on the dialogue and agenda they want to push, rather than actually understanding the specific case they're railing on.
    Get that weak shit off my track

His 2 colleagues seem to support him, so that's probably evidence that it wasn't what's being claimed.

Anyway, nearly 800,000 signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Fifth Gear was better.
    Hence why it's still such a popular show.

It doesn't bother me if he comes back on the show or not, though the two people who he has help made rich and famous supporting him isn't that surprising.

What would surprise me, though, is if the BBC comes out and says "well our investigation revealed that Jeremy really did act like a cunt and intended to cause physical harm to a producer, but we saw that internet petition and figured that was an more important factor."
    Get that weak shit off my track

Or maybe they investigate with other workers who figure out that their job is under threat and side with JC regardless.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    This may be a mental deficiency on my part, but I wouldn't care if it was Clarkson's show by himself. It's the interaction between him, the hamster and captain slow that make the show worth it. I can't imagine another host replacement to work with those guys and be as interesting.

I like James May but Hammond is a bit generic.