Thread: Concours d'Elegance, Hampton Court

Concours d'Elegance, Hampton Court

Over the last few years there have been a couple of fairly good concours events start up in the UK, on Friday we went to the Hampton Court one. It nicely bridged Atsuko's interest in dressing up and going to smart events with my interest in cars.

The first thing we saw was the auction entries, parked in one of the courtyards and accessible to any visitors

Ferrari 166 - crazy to think this car is smaller than an MX-5 but packs a 2.0L V12

Fiat 8V - this one being a Zagato body, the 8V appears to be one of the last cars whose production is split between so many different bodied variants that look totally different

I really liked this colour on the 356

We could hear the auction ongoing, it's quite fun hearing someone making a £1m+ purchase in about a minute. The auction cars are here, most with more/better pics https://www.goodingco.com/lots?filte...ENDING_SOONEST

Then we eventually located the actual event area. As we walked in a Porsche 917 was being driven round for the presentation, which was quite special.

I've had the chance to ride in a roadgoing Gullwing, so it was cool to see the racer and realise just how little they actually have in common

I love the Miura, it was nice to get a view of the engine bay of this one (the colour is top, too)

Bentley seemed to be a bit of a theme, I really like the beetleback Continental

Apparently this was a one-off concept for a Maserati Quattroporte that never went further

This was cool - we got to hear the Hoffman X-8 running

Pegaso, the legendary Spanish V8 coupe

EB110 GT, I think the silver suits it

Funky Abarth record car

Love the Facel Vega

Huarya, which I don't think I've seen before

TVR Sagaris in a nice shade of multi-layer orange

The event was a good size, we had about enough time and energy to see everything, although I could also easily have stayed longer. Going on Friday it wasn't too crowded, which made it easy to get a good look at the cars. The pics are a bit of a snapshot of the event, I didn't attempt to be comprehensive as it can distract a bit from enjoying being there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool, some childhood dream machinery just hanging out.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    That EB110 looks much better than any of the other examples I've ever seen of it. I've always considered that to be a truly hideous car, so kinda nice to see one that looks good.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Whatever that impaling device next to the Abarth is, it looks rad!
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That EB110 looks much better than any of the other examples I've ever seen of it. I've always considered that to be a truly hideous car, so kinda nice to see one that looks good.
    For me it's the awkward headlight placement that always made it feel weird. The shape itself I'm fine with

Wow. Great cars. But the dirt parking lot is unfortunate. The owners must have hated getting those sweet rides all dirty.

These trees are pretty groovy.

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix car show set their cars up on a golf course.

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix car show set their cars up on a golf course.
    I'm kinda pissed I missed this year. Ferrari was the Marque of the year with an additional spotlight on Carroll Shelby. I'm thinking there was some awesome cars there this year.

And thanks for the pics Tom, great to see and a very cool venue.