Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan will build small RWD car based on IDx Concept

https://jalopnik.com/the-new-nissan-...-wa-1845069133

So, it looks kinda good. Question is, is this a new car or just a rebodied Z. Cause the dimensions say it is the same chassis.

I still kinda like it but I do want to see a final weight.

It's hard not to think it's an updated FM platform underneath. Not just from the overall size/shape, but the location and shapes of the interior door handles and side window vents, the 3 stack gauges, the seats, the center console shape. If that's what it takes for a company in financial chaos to build a new Z, so be it. It's better than farming out the platform, suspension, and powertrain to another company (*cough*Toyota*).

I doubt the 3.0TT engine is lighter than the VQ37 so I'd guess weight could be around 3400 give or take. All hints and rumors are pretty strong that it'll have Q50/Q60 engine. Even the digital tach shows the same 7k redline. Speaking of the gauges, I find the "diff oil temp" gauge an interesting addition if that makes production. The 370 was known to overheat the diff with track use.

I *really* hope those wheels make production (maybe in a different color).

The headlights are very interesting, I can see the retro ideas implemented in what's a completely unique outer shape and inner detail to headlights / running lights. I don't hate it.

The grille does need some kind of horizontal line or more pronounced grille treatment variation to break up the big rectangle. It's interesting how there are many angles off to the side or above where you see the point in the nose just above the center of the grille, yet there are a lot of angles in the press photos that hide this and make it look like a big rectangular slab. Hopefully the sheer size of it means less overheating on track compared to the 370.

I have probably a disproportionate number of Nissan enthusiasts in my social media bubble, but from what I saw tonight this thing seemed like it blew up the internet in the car world. Not everyone liked it but a lot of people are talking about it.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    the official Z event reminds me that I hate Adam Carolla

also

My idea to fix the front-end

Attached Images Attached Images

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I can see the retro ideas... The grille
    If the grille is not a functional thing, it could be made shorter, to resemble more the proportions of the original S30 grille. Also, put an indicator light detached from the main beam assembly.

There, done. Pay me, Nissan.
    acket.

While it may lift some parts from the GT-R and get a chassis freshening, it is fairly clear that the Z Proto has basis in the current car.

For a little fun, we can paste pieces of the 370Z onto the Z Proto and see that they fit right in.

I saw an article today that quoted Tamura-san as saying it's the existing platform with substantial updates. Wish I remember where I saw that.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Is the publicity mule running on electric motors?
    acket.

Sadly, Nissan currently aren't intending to sell the next Z in Europe at all

Still, three possibilities 1) they could change their mind as they did with the 350Z 2) Import one from Japan 3) Toyota could finally put a manual in the Supra in response

I am hoping the Supra gets a manual, but the "NiCe bMw" comments will always be there. I saw a black one at the Toyota dealer I was at the other day, looks really good in black.