Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan will build small RWD car based on IDx Concept

Yeah, but hairdressing is an ever-evolving art.

YUP.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I still stand by my original comment that the GT86 will be a one generation car - at least as we know it. MkII will weigh 3500lbs or be FWD or come with a hairdryer or something. I just don't buy into the long-term market outlook. Once the pent up demand has been sated, who are your customers?
    Yeah, but IIRC you also said they'd never sell 15,000/year in the US and they're beating that. From all the discussions I've had the plan is to keep it moving on in the medium term, it's hitting sales targets and on the Toyota side of things has generated more positive vibe/press/whatever you want to call it than anything they've produced in decades. Subaru might drop out as they have other hero models but Toyota are highly motivated to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    the Toyota side of things has generated more positive vibe/press/whatever you want to call it than anything they've produced in decades
    Well, that's a fact. It is literally the only interesting thing on the Toyota lot since the MkiV Supra got discontinued. If Honda and Toyota got together... nothing would happen, because they would both just fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    You don't think so? Civic, Focus and Cruze are solidly in the mid 20s when fully optioned. I think most of those cars are. I thought the IDx was supposed to be right in there.
    The Sonic and Fiesta are below that, though, and don't need to be fully optioned for a teen's first car.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Sure, of course there are cheaper cars. The Accent and Versa and Fit are all there. But it has the potential to slot in with a group of similarly-featured, similarly-purposed cars. Unless the thing is "tiny" (ha, like anything is tiny anymore) it'd probably feel at home with those midsized compacts (WTF?).

Miata got away with what effectively was one inexpensive reskin over almost 17 years.

Yep, silvia was the same, basically just reskins from S13 - S15

Hell, a lot of people don't realize that there have only been three truly new designs of the Toyota Camry:

1983-1991 (1st & 2nd gen)
    1992-2001 (3rd & 4th gen)
    2002-present (5th, 6th & 7th gen)

Hell, Series 6-8 RX7's they didn't even bother to do a reskin! (which does say a lot about how damn right they got it when first released)

It still looks fresh, sexy, and cool today. The design is so careful and precise that I love it with all of my body (including my pee pee).

Damn, all this talk of RX-7s has me looking at local ones.