Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt's Motaaaaahs: Skoda Rapid Spaceback and Honda CBR600RR. Cheerio!

Matt's Motaaaaahs: Skoda Rapid Spaceback and Honda CBR600RR. Cheerio!

So, I figure I'd start one of these as I can see changes this year.

I currently own this: my bought-as-new 2005 Skoda Fabia vRS.

She turned over 136,000 last week, and - touch wood - has behaved herself. An alternator pulley and two driveshafts have been the only non-serviceable stuff to replace. She needs a new windscreen and a 'major' service soon, but still motors on. Cleans up well, too. Replaced the front tyres recently with some Hankook expensive things that I got at cost - much better in Englands winter grease.

Only drive it occasionally on weekends, but she's a trooper.

As for 2015 plans: plan is the fleet to gain a 4 wheeled and 2 wheeled addition. 4 wheeled I'm less bothered about. Something that I can drive and forget. I quite fancy a Skoda Yeti. We'll see. Also hankering over a 2.9 VR6'd Corrado. They are CHEAP. Hmm. (I don't need a diesel, I train to work. Not sure I'll own one again.)

2 wheeled; list is as long as my leg. (Well, ok, I don't have a long leg, but you catch my drift.) I've an offer on a friends 2002 CBR600 Sport. It's leggy, but well looked after. Something good to get my mad skills back on as it's been a while since I've ridden. Or, where I'm also at, is an eff-it, just do it, kinda thing. Thinking 796 Monster (for the swing-arm alone...), 675 Daytona , KTM 690, ~06 CBR600RR, XJR1300. I like all sorts. Can't decide if I want to be in a hurry or not. Or at least seen to be in a hurry. I've love a BMW One90T but way to much dollah. We'll see.

Anyway, will continue to update with random bits and bobs on a car that 3% of this forum know about.

Sharp.

If you're gonna sell it, just sell it as-is. Don't put any money into it, let the next owner do that.

Ducati
    Get that weak shit off my track

I think the Fab will probably stick around. Not sure. If I go for something new, part-ex. All depends on how my non-car situation pans out over the next month or two. But I know what you mean.

Yes, Ducati - but Ducati tax.

Went to my parents last weekend and found two sets of leathers, one textiles and two old helmets. They've been in a damp garage for a while, so will not use those. Just need boots and a new lid and I'm sorted, kit wise.

Ducati over all things. Monsters are cheap and bullet proof. Especially the pantah based engines. Look for a 05-07 s2r 1000 dual spark and have a blast. If ya want more go, go with a 14T front sprocket.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! TheBenior's Avatar
    In my brief 696 ownership experience, the main ways the Ducati tax will get you with a 796 are the short valve change intervals and OEM parts that are unavailable at substantial discounts like with Japanese or even BMW bikes (at least in the US).

Can't go wrong with a Honda momobike.

This weekend a Skoda Rapid Spaceback will be joining the gang. In Denim Blue, it looks lovely. The 1.2TSI engine's are a delight, and it's everything we'll need. The Fabia, whilst a hero, my find its way to a new owner. It's 143,000 old, not had a problem with it, but I think I've got everything from it I'll need. If I can find someone to give it a bit of TLC to get it to carry on and on, even better.

2nd car replacement and bike search still on going...

Looks pretty good mate, although it's not exactly a huge change from your current motor, is it?

Still, I managed to configure one for GBP21,590. Admittedly I went slightly mad with the options.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; October 5th, 2015 at 03:30 AM.

It's a little newer bigger rear space, bigger boot to fit the dog, and not diesel. All we need. I don't drive during the week anyway, so it's just a replacement 'car' which I got for a song and will last a while I hope. The Fab has done it's job - and nothing big has gone wrong on it. Perfect time to swap to something new.