Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt's Motaaaaahs: Skoda Rapid Spaceback and Honda CBR600RR. Cheerio!

Unlike in Italy, there it rains a lot all the time and it's generally damp and miserable.

Japanese cars are also better suited to dealing with hot and humid weather (possibly because it gets very hot and humid in Japan). IME the A/C units in European cars are always inferior at putting out cold air instantly, when compared to those in a Japanese car.

Not sure how that's a thing given how AC systems are designed and work, but if that's your experience I can't much argue with it. Regardless, if you're buying any 1980s car for the AC, you're doing it wrong anyway.

Not sure Italy would be considered a dry climate, either, with average annual humidity levels nationwide never dropping below 50% and frequently approaching 100%, but hey, I've never been there so what do I know.
    Last edited by thesameguy; October 15th, 2015 at 10:24 PM.

I'm assuming Y Dub is referring to our frost/sale/shit winter roads. I don't think rust is an issue with GTVs/147s?

I understand frost roads and shit roads, but sale roads?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Anything 1984+ should be reasonably safe from rust. Prior to '84, Alfa was inexplicably not galvanizing their sheet metal so the cars are indeed quite prone to it.

I think he meant shale or hail? But yes, generally the miserable UK weather and roads.

Humidity I was just referring to generally. It's pretty much 90%+ here most of the year around (admittedly not so in Blighty).

I'd seriously consider the MX-5, MR2 mk3, or DC2 ITR. They should feel special enough to be worth having as a weekend car, and low-maintenance enough to not be a hassle to keep ready for when you do want to use them.

If you want an Alfa, I'd have thought go for a classic like the aforementioned GTV-6 or the classic Spider. Having an FF saloon as a daily and another FF saloon as a weekend car doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me (personally).

Salt
    Destroys cars with thin paint - ie, most Mk2 MX5s

Any-hoo. My Fabia now has a new home. A touch sad, but now have monies for something new. :up;

Tom - a minty EP3 Civic R is on my radar at the moment.

Japanese = Start up and run when you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by M4FFU View Post
    Tom - a minty EP3 Civic R is on my radar at the moment.
    Yellow, with black and yellow wheels and big wing. Right?
    Whoomah!