Thread: Vizio Portable Smart Audio

Vizio Portable Smart Audio

http://ces.vizio.com/smart-audio.html

Android tablet + boombox = Vizio Portable Smart Audio

4.7" or 7" tablet integrated into boombox-sized, battery-powered speakers, so rather than having to rely on the limited range/fidelity of Bluetooth or the ecosystem and AC power requirements of Sonos-like systems, it's like you have a battery-powered speaker dock with a permanently attached tablet. I'm looking forward to being able to play any thing that I can get from a normal Android device, but I wonder if I will be able to control it from another device.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Reminds me of the Logitech Squeezebox, just a few generations smarter. I'm not sure what the value of something like this is... I can't remember the last time I thought "Wow, I remembered my portable speaker, but I left my cell phone." I'm not sure why I need two smart devices whose only difference is the size of the speaker...

- Music provider for kickball (where I will at some points be too far away for Bluetooth to work)
    - Music/podcasts around the house that won't be affected by me trying to browse the web or play a game
    Get that weak shit off my track