Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanfall

Titanfall

[Continued from here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    Titanfall is a mecha first-person shooter video game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts for the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows. It is Respawn's first game, and is scheduled for release in spring 2014.

Players fight either on foot as free-running "Pilots" or inside nimble mechs called "Titans" in order to complete various team objectives. The game is multiplayer-only but injects single-player elements such as plot, characters, and NPCs into its matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius
    From Respawn Entertainment, built from the team that left Infinity Ward after COD: MW2. All I care about is that it's playable on the Xbox 360 (development house TBA).

Titanfall Is Hard to Sell Because It’s So Innovative, Says Respawn

For the team at Respawn Entertainment, Titanfall has been hard to sell to potential fans because of its very innovative nature, according to Drew McCoy, who serves as a producer on the title. He states in a NeoGAF post that, “Its actually been really tough trying to accurately market Titanfall. If you look at what we’ve done, its a lot different than what most FPS games do. Without a bunch of highly scripted SP moments to recam from different angles, the usual ‘movie like’ trailer is just about right out.”

To deal with the issue, the studio has created longer gameplay videos that show how a player first takes the role of a pilot, battling both AI and other gamers, before he is able to earn access to a Titan and then use it to change the balance of forces on the battlefield. Respawn has also taken early alpha builds of the game to various shows in order to make sure that those attending understood the true nature of Titanfall.
    Gameplay vids and in-game cinematics would be fine, I'd think.

Titanfall Developer Insists Player Counts Do Not Create Fun

Drew McCoy, a producer working on Titanfall, says that his company’s decision to limit the size of matches in the shooter to 6 versus 6 will not have an impact on the amount of fun that the experience will deliver. He states in a post on NeoGAF that, “What about high player counts makes that more fun, though? I honestly want to know, because this kind of stuff is super important and we obsess over it every day.”

The decision has angered a number of fans of the company, who were expecting to see a more traditional take on the genre. Titanfall is designed to introduce a number of Artificial Intelligence controlled enemies and allies in each match, meaning that about 50 combatants will be able to take part in a game at the same time.

Titanfall will be launched on the Xbox One, the 360 and the PC on March 11 in North America and on March 13 in Europe.
    Um, because it's exhilarating to see a futurewar battlefield playing out in front of you?

Exclusive Titanfall Xbox One Controller Revealed

Microsoft and Respawn Entertainment have partnered to create a special limited edition Titanfall Xbox One controller that's already available for pre-order and will be released in March alongside the actual game.

Titanfall is one of the biggest titles set to debut this year and Microsoft is making a big spectacle of it on the Xbox One console, even though it will also appear on the Xbox 360 and PC platforms. Now, as part of the marketing campaign, a special Xbox One Titanfall-branded controller has just been revealed. The new device is customized by developer Respawn Entertainment and is inspired by the game's C-101 carbine.

The controller is available for pre-order at the U.S. Microsoft Store and will be available alongside Titanfall on March 11 in North America and March 13 in Europe.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I really want to be really excited about this game, but the fact that it's from a first-time developer backed by EA makes me *really* skeptical. What is the last genuinely good game EA published?

Battlefield 3 multiplayer

Mass Effect 3

Need for Speed Rivals

Portal 2 (news to me)

And the people who have actually played it at trade shows are over the moon for it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Portal 2 was almost three years ago! NFS:Rivals was crap on a number of levels, especially the PC version of it (unstable, 30fps cap, etc.). I didn't play ME3 or Battlefield, but considering the sheer volume of games EA publishes the fact they've had two potentially genuinely good games in three years is pathetic. They're not getting my money on that track record.

Battlefield and COD with Mechs?

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I really want to be really excited about this game, but the fact that it's from a first-time developer backed by EA makes me *really* skeptical. What is the last genuinely good game EA published?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid
    Picked up a bunch of awards from E3.

The full list of winners is below:

• Best of Show: Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment/Electronic Arts)
    • Best Original Game: Titanfall
    • Best Console Game: Titanfall
    • Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Tearaway (Media Molecule/Sony Computer Entertainment of America)
    • Best PC Game: Titanfall
    • Best Hardware/Peripheral: Oculus Rift (Oculus VR)
    • Best Action Game: Titanfall
    • Best Action/Adventure Game: Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal/Ubisoft)
    • Best Role Playing Game: The Elder Scrolls Online (Zenimax Online/Bethesda Softworks)
    • Best Racing Game: Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games/Electronic Arts)
    • Best Sports Game: NHL 14 (EA Canada/EA Sports)
    • Best Strategy Game: Total War: Rome 2 (The Creative Assembly/Sega)
    • Best Social/Casual Game: Fantasia: Music Evolved (Harmonix/Disney Interactive)
    • Best Online Multiplayer: Titanfall
    • Best Downloadable Game: Transistor (Supergiant Games)

An impressive list of accolades from last year's E3.

I had only heard good things about Rivals, but the point is that EAs game quality seems to be more based on the developers and how beholden they are to a hard deadline for delivery date than the fact that EA is footing the bills. The developers are the original COD guys, and they didn't even bother trying to hit the next gen launches.

But hey, if all you're saying is you wouldn't pre-order it, that's not THAT much of an insult. Waiting for a game to come out so you can see how it actually turned out is the way it should be. All I know is that the people from gaming sites who have played it are incredibly excited for it, to the point where when they have "what are you most excited for" discussions they add "other than Titanfall."

YW-
    Yes, and more. It's very high paced, you can pilot or direct the mechs, there are AI characters running around not just as cannon fodder but with there own objectives (not sure if you have any control over them), when you "lose" a match you have to make a mad dash for your extraction point, when you're on foot you can wall run and use jet packs, and more and more. If you have the time, check out a long hands-on preview/demo. Here's a short video of Adam Sessler's impressions.

Get that weak shit off my track

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Xbox 360 users and XBone users won't be able to play with each other, right?