View Poll Results: Are you gonna watch it, live?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's F1.

2 40.00%
  • No, It's not basic cable in my neck of the woods.

0 0%
  • Will try to (wake up/stay up), but it's on at a horrible time.

0 0%
  • Will torrent it as soon as it goes public.

1 20.00%
  • I'll give F1 the benefit of the doubt.

1 20.00%
  • After Australia, are you kidding?

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

2015 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

Bottas and Alonso back. Manor have promised to make it to the start this time.

Maybe Jenson will not be alone at the back after all.

Snoozefest redux or something brilliant will come of it?
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    you missed the DVR option

Alonso contradicted the 'wind' theory presented earlier by McLaren, he said something like "a hurricane couldn't have moved my car like that" and has stated that a steering lock up was the cause for his crash.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Can a $meremortal edit a poll to add the DVDA option?
    acket.

Manor have apparently fired up their car for the first time at the track earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Alonso contradicted the 'wind' theory presented earlier by McLaren, he said something like "a hurricane couldn't have moved my car like that" and has stated that a steering lock up was the cause for his crash.
    Yeah, I read his interview, seemed to finally add a sense of what actually happened. Steering broke/locked up took him into the wall. He was conscious, remembered skidding along the wall, and then shutting down the car/electrical so the marshals could touch it.

Q: The team was saying even up to a couple of days ago that there was nothing wrong with the car, and yet you’re saying the steering locked. How do those two statements work together?

FA: Yeah, as I said before, I think it’s clear that there was a problem in the car but it hasn’t been found on the data at the moment.

Q: But they have gone further and say there is no problem.

FA: Well, I don’t think that they say this any more.
    Can't help but think of Senna with steering failures.

I can't help but think of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Hell yeah. I don't think I've watched any race live for years since I've been dvr equipped. With my dislike for commercials it's both a godsend and a time saver. There are times (often with SX races on Sat. nights) where I'll start watching an hour after it's started and end up catching up to see the main event as it's live though. And I actually listened to the 1st SBK race from Thailand last week live on my phone... but yeah, dvr's FTW! Too much racing to watch and I ain't got an extra hour+ to waste watching adverts, plus I'm too old to be getting up at 3:30am on a Sunday anymore.

What a horrible start of the season for Alonso. Had he stayed with Ferrari, perhaps he'd have a shot at the championship. Now who knows how long it'll take Honda to get up to speed. By the time Honda's ready, Alonso probably will leave or be fired by McLaren...

Maybe by then Toro Rosso (Renault) will be ready. Maybe Alonso is only destined to win championships with Renaults.

So I've heard the numerous rumors of Audi entering F1, even ones that involve buying a smaller, struggling team, but I don't think I've heard the Red Bull selling to Audi one before, though I have heard they've talked about leaving F1.

Also forgot the 'you're at the track' option

Mercedes looked a clear step ahead yesterday in practice, after that the Williams, Ferrari and red bull all looked like their car was sorted at least in the handling department.