Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The RV/Camping/Trailer Thread!

Is that middle one kblackav8or's rig, XHawkeye?
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    That thing is awesome! I wonder what it's like to take a dump in a 40 year old new toilet? Talk about a unique "first" to have on your resume!
    Heh, the toilet looked new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Is that middle one kblackav8or's rig, XHawkeye?
    Yes it is, link to the C-C post: http://corner-carvers.com/forums/sho...&postcount=182

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post

Tangentially related: another friend of mine just started a single-client business picking up RVs from their factory and delivering them to California. Seems like a neat job to have for a while.
    Is he delivering trailers with a dually or is he driving the motor homes to the dealer? I did it for a month or so before I realized I didn't have the money management skills to make it last. Best of luck to your friend. My dream job would be delivering semis right from the factory to customers all over the country.

He is driving As and Cs them from the factory to a local dealership. It really does sound like a good gig - maybe not the best paying in the world, but a solid paycheck for seeing the country. I'm kinda jealous. Oh, and he has a "friend" that also happens to be super hot that wants to go with him. Sheesh.

I always wanted to convert a school bus

This one's really cool!

That is super cool. It's neat they didn't sacrifice practicality for privacy. It looks fun.

The tricky part about school buses is that a lot of them are governed to ridiculously slow speeds. Plus, if you want underbody storage, you're engineering it yourself, since they don't have the factory storage that a highway bus has.

From an aesthetic point of view, there's not a lot you can do with the front-engined buses to make them not look like a converted school bus.

That said, there are a shit load of old school buses out there...
    Whoomah!

I wonder if there is something like a Gear Vendors reduction box for old school buses?

I imagine you can find gearsets from the trucks that were built on the same chassis--assuming you want to fool around with changing the gears on a bus!
    Whoomah!