Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: The RV/Camping/Trailer Thread!

FWIW there are companies selling some cool, California legal engine swaps for the Vanagons. Subaru EJs and VW Axx 1.8Ts come to mind.

Personally, I couldn't imagine owning an old bus with any intention of using it seriously. They're a blast in SoCal but a rough experience in bad weather or serious topography. My aunt & uncle had one when we lived in Irvine and I will never forget a harrowing ride up to Mammoth in that thing. They later replaced it with a Vanagon which was still painfully slow but never scary.

Seeing pictures of your rental really brings back memories. Theirs looked the same inside but was orange outside.
    Last edited by thesameguy; April 7th, 2017 at 10:29 PM.

Choice!!

Sweet.

Ugh. Friend of mine is living out one of my nightmares... F53 motorhome died on the road, probably has a dead fuel pump. No idea how to help him as he just fueled up - dropping a tank with 100 gallons of gas in it sounds impossible. Shops are saying "maybe three days."

This is why I don't rely on people. They're never around when you need them.

that blows

After calling everyone in the greater Reno area we found a transmission shop with an RV lift that was willing to look at it. They found this thing:

to be the cause of the problem. It's in the fuel pump circuit, 12v in and intermittent 10v out. I have no idea what that thing is... the shop says it's "a capacitor or voltage regulator" for the fuel pump, but that doesn't make much sense to me. It really doesn't matter if the pump has slightly low or slightly high voltage, it's a DC motor. I think it's an inertia switch, because that would make sense. Can't find any picture or reference to either anywhere... it's a mystery!

http://www.farber-sv.com/pre_owned_d...sp?veh=4927166

Way cool custom coach...

...with upholstery by grandma.
    Whoomah!

Certainly for her, if not by her!

Those chairs look so comfy.