Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I'm sitting here in Subway...

So I'm sitting here in Subway...

Subway has low overhead, nobody ever comes in here to order food, there are couches and chairs and they never bitch when I take fountain drinks. They let me use their wifi. Why is Subway so cool? Subway. Eat Fresh.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    http://www.livejournal.com

They still exist. You can blog yourself there.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

So I'm sitting here in Hardee's...
    Hardee's/Carl's Jr/Red Burrito/Green Burrito has unknown overhead. Multiple brands to uphold. You rarely see actual customers inside these 90's Californian pillbox inspired facilities, but always one car in the drive-thru. Sometimes two, sometimes zero, but usually... just that one. I've never noticed if they have available wifi. I usually struggle to understand why they -- yet again -- haven't put any salsa on my breakfast burrito, despite my asking for it again. What is Hardee's slogan? What is Carl's Jr's tagline? I don't remember. Maybe I'll get that Diablo something or other they're promoting for lunch. Maybe I won't. I leave. Today is Tuesday. This is the last day of March.

I don't think any of them have a pretty big walk-in shower, though.

You really only expect to see walk-in showers in lower-class places. Like Olive Garden. The poors don't always have running water. It's a matter of national hygiene. A public service dutifully delivered from the private sector.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kmatt View Post
    So I'm sitting here in Hardee's...
    Hardee's/Carl's Jr/Red Burrito/Green Burrito has unknown overhead. Multiple brands to uphold. You rarely see actual customers inside these 90's Californian pillbox inspired facilities, but always one car in the drive-thru. Sometimes two, sometimes zero, but usually... just that one. I've never noticed if they have available wifi. I usually struggle to understand why they -- yet again -- haven't put any salsa on my breakfast burrito, despite my asking for it again. What is Hardee's slogan? What is Carl's Jr's tagline? I don't remember. Maybe I'll get that Diablo something or other they're promoting for lunch. Maybe I won't. I leave. Today is Tuesday. This is the last day of March.
    *golf clap*

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I don't think any of them have a pretty big walk-in shower, though.
    Technically if the Subway is in a truck stop then they have a large walk-in shower, but that doesn't mean you should use it. Truck stop showers are usually pretty nasty and usually you need a shower after using a truck stop shower.

Junior Potato

And there's probably spiders.

Later today I plan to be one of those cars in a Carl's drive through. I often listen to the radio when driving, because it doesn't cost me anything and I like music. An ad for the Diablo something piqued my curiosity, and getting one will be the nature of my time in the drive through today. I don't typically use drive throughs as sitting in a car not moving while I internally combust money and fill up the air with waste upsets me, but since there's never a wait at Carl's it isn't too much of a problem. It's now exactly two weeks until tax day and my tax preparer has not yet finished mine. Until I know the bottom line, I am keeping expenditures down. But I am going to make an exception for that Diablo something.

FOR REALZ.