Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter

Neverwinter

Surprised nobody has started a thread about it. I only found out about it a couple days ago so maybe it has been flying under the radar. It's free to download and free to play. Though I guess you can micro transaction yourself to death if you want to speed up leveling.

Neverwinter

Looks like it might be somewhat affiliated with Neverwinter Nights. Based in the same realm it seems. Anyways, worth the punt I figure.
    Last edited by Phil_SS; March 31st, 2015 at 09:03 AM.

SHHHHHHHIIIIIIT!

You *know* I'm in!! #sob

I'd like to know what is the difference between this and Dungeons&Dragons Online - beside the former being set in Neverwinter (Forgotten Realms) and the latter in Eberron.
    I'm going to try out Neverwinter tomorrow evening... are there any servers people here are going to use? (EDIT: Nevermind, PC and Xbox One servers are separated. Meh.)

Downloaded and first character created: Udokas, a Half-Orc Fighter focused on tanking (sword & board fighting).

Just wrote up a basic bio for this tusker; a farm boy from Mistledale. You can look at other players' bios (if they've written one) as well as character titles (if they've set one).

Fighting so far is *painfully* simple. Looks like all of your fighting moves need to be unlocked, there's no basic block or anything yet. Simpler than Fable or even Dragon Age: Inquisition at this point.

I made it from the beach through the simple forest path to the first camp under Lt. Linkletter.

Other players can come and go through your game. You can talk to them or let them fight baddies for you. Partying up should be easy as anything. Eh, not bad enough to delete yet, that's about the highest praise I can give it so far.

I played it for a bit last night with a Wood Elf Hunter/Ranger. Achieved Level 5 which entailed completing the tutorial and a couple simple quests in the first town. FYI, You will unlock all your basic moves via the tutorial.

The system notifications in the corner of the screen are completely annoying. And it appears you can't turn it off.

Could be fun for a change of pace but overall, meh. Ain't no Destiny I know that. Bethesda needs to develop a graphical upgrade version of Skyrim for the Xbone and PS4. And it needs to be mulitplayer.

Ah good to know -- yeah I'll try to finish the tutorial tonight.

Well it could be like Destiny in that you need to play it for 20 hours before you get to play "the real game".

Supposedly it is like that at Level 60. Once you hit that level then it is a lot of grinding or you have to buck up the $$$.

And you can get to Level 20 in Destiny in about 8.5 hours. Though I guess Level 30 is what is needed to access all parts of the game. And I'd say that takes longer than 20 hours especially the first time.

Yeah I was just throwing a guess out there for how long it takes to get to Level 20 in Destiny.

Went through the tutorial tonight:

The game sure is colorful. Very WoW-like.

I did experience some lag tonight. I wonder if it maxes out my AT&T U-verse DSL or if it was an issue within the server...

Wow something on consoles that excites me

Damnit, now I guess an XB0 might get on my radar for the first time.