Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Random's Unified Fleet Thread

What's the width on the TC? It looks a little long and thin in long-wheelbase version.

My parents considered waiting for one of these, but there was no getting my father into one once he saw the horsepower numbers vs the T&C. The Transit Connect seems to come closest to the Stow-n-Go seating in the Chrysler, though.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I guess I'm the opposite... the minivan is what I would buy if I wanted that utility and did have to drive it everyday. If you don't, I can't think of a single reason not to buy a Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban. If you have to drive something ponderous, but don't have to drive it every day, you might as well get something that can get off the road, tow stuff, and crush stuff. I think something like that T&C is a fine intersection of intense utility, respectable drive, and good enough fuel economy... it's the compromise of utility and daily practicality. If you don't need the latter, focus on the former. As for getting old, I've had a big ol' hard on for a 4WD Astro or supercharged Previa since the '90s!

Best friend's family had an AWD astro. Thing was a blast in the snow. I would have loved to drop in a SBC in one for shits and giggles.

Another buddy has an old previa. I don't know if it is S/C'd or not. He uses it specifically for the purpose of hauling shit.

KB. The transit connect is nowhere near as nice a vehicle as the TC. Extreme utilitarian, but next to nothing for comfort, or even feeling nice.

Actually, I meant that for the previous Transit Connect. The new one looks the biz.

This should surprise no one: a stock, low-miles Camry passes smog with flying colors.

0.00% measured CO, 0 ppm NO, and 2 ppm HC (the car was cold).
    Whoomah!

As much as I don't want to say it, knowing what sort of smog numbers modern cars can return it's kinda sickening to think about old cars. c900s were considered to run very clean in their day, but even a very healthy c900 will return a fraction of a percent CO, a couple dozen HCs, and ~100ppm NOx.

Some day I want to get the Falcon smog tested, just for the fun of it.

Tokico's got a new US distributor--Mark @ shox.com is going to find out if any Camry parts have made it across the water yet.

Sometimes it's good to procrastinate; the KYBs I got last summer are still sitting in their boxes...
    Whoomah!

Why stop at the transit connect? You need a long wheelbase, extended body, high roof Transit wagon.

15 passenger seating and has standing headroom for a 6' 5" individual!

Transit.jpg

5'5" worth of headroom is enough for me.

shox.com says June-ish for Tokicos--order now because they'll probably all sell out. They are apparently a very popular item.
    Whoomah!

April Fools was like three days ago.

Performance shocks for Camrys selling out. Ha. I needed a good chuckle!

Maybe they're only importing 9 sets.