Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: Random's Unified Fleet Thread

Not an easy life, but it's probably up to the challenge. I guess the upside is that people towing horse trailers probably don't want to end up broken down on the side of the road, so it probably *has* been maintained. Interesting that with such credentials it's still available... might just be a bad location. If you go check it out you should swing by and grab the Tech 2.

I'm wondering if the barn doors are a turn-off for people. Maybe just the age. Interestingly, the only 2500s on c/l at the moment are '01s.
    Whoomah!

I have *usually* read that people prefer the barn doors, but I may be reading biased forums. I preferred the barn doors myself, but couldn't find any when I was looking. Retrospectively, I made the right call - the tailgate is way more convenient most of the time.

Keep in mind that the GMT800s got a lift gate, rather than a tail gate. That seems to muddy the waters a little bit.
    Whoomah!

Ah, yeah, true. I would DEFINITELY not choose that. Barn doors for sure. I've turned out to like the tail gate because it's easy to pop the glass and put stuff in back. I would be far less fond if access to the back required lifting a giant door. It's a clearance issue, not an effort issue. I wouldn't be enough for me to summarily turn down an otherwise good truck, but still a consideration.

After many field trips with our fleet of liftgate-having SUVs, I like the portable shade/umbrella aspect of them.

But yeah, unlikely to make or break a truck in this scenario.

I think my unicorn is still an 03+ with the 6-liter. *twiddle*
    Whoomah!

I guess this is one situation where the Expedition has the right answer...

Expeditions are also liftgate. The Excursion did the weird hybrid with a top half that lifted and a bottom half that were barn doors.
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Expeditions are also liftgate. The Excursion did the weird hybrid with a top half that lifted and a bottom half that were barn doors.
    They rattle like a mother....