Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Random's Unified Fleet Thread

Sold as-is, no warranty. Buyer beware!

Yeah, I know. But the buyer is a local autocrosser, so I don't want to have issues in the future. I also don't want rumors going around that I sold him a lemon, either.
    Whoomah!

Fair enough... kinda surprised anyone would have such an expectation, but I get it.

I think he was mostly grumpy that I hadn't mentioned it. In my defense, the car started right up that morning, so... idk. That battery was pretty old and had been run completely flat multiple times, so it was really something I should have taken care of.
    Whoomah!

When I bought my RX-7 it started up fine for the test drive, and after completing the sale I went to start the car for the 4 hour drive home. But the battery was dead. I rang the doorbell and asked if he had any jumper cables. He did and I was on my way. A week or so later I found a check in the mail for $70. Stand up guy.

I bought the RC-51 and it started fine for the test ride. Even rode it about an hour closer to home and stopped in Raleigh. Went to leave and it was flat dead.

Some guy driving by gave me a jump and I rode it about another hour to an Autozone and picked up the biggest battery that would fit.

Same thing happened for me on the monster.

Rode it with the guy, rode it to my hotel, and to grab food, went to start it back up to go home. DEAD.

Buyer reports that car was totally fine after the battery swap, and he just drove it to LA.

"So much tighter than my other 94R!"
    Whoomah!

Awesome. Glad you worked it out, I hate when I sell something and don't get a clean break. So to speak.

Tyler is good at those.