Page 40 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Random's Unified Fleet Thread

It worked on a friend's 2015 Focus. I'm not really sure that you actually win anything going through those other sources though, except maybe time arguing with sales people.

Doesn't everyone do 72- and 84-month financing now? Ford's been doing that since it at least '01, 'cause my buddy did 72 months on his '01 Focus.

"Time arguing with sales people*" is my number one reason to not buy a new car.

It's really, really, really a turn off.

*"sales people" being a lumped term for "everybody at the dealership"
    Whoomah!

Bah... walk in, talk to the fleet manager, throw down a printout from Truecar or whatever and say "I want that or I'm leaving." Almost always works. You may even get them to beat that number, since once Truecar displays it you *know* you that's the worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Still up to $2000 cash back after the month change-over...not bad. I've heard that buying through TrueCar/Costco/etc gets you their super cheap price plus the incentives. Can anyone confirm or deny?
    From Costco:
    Add manufacturer rebates and incentives to your prearranged price and boost your overall savings.

Refer to this page for updates, but always check with your Authorized Dealer Contact for the most current list of offers available.

Select a manufacturer below to view a specific vehicle’s current rebates & incentives.

You're also not supposed to do any negotiating after the offered price plus incentives, but a buddy of mine used the Costco program and still dealer to knock off a little extra.

It amuses me that the '15 Fiesta has a notably smaller backseat than my 01 Focus. Oh, Ford...
    Whoomah!

Yup...

Dude just offered me $400 for my set of OZes.

Whoomah!

I'm finding myself doing that thing that I criticize everyone else for: shopping based on the 5% edge case. The back seats and hatch area of the FiST are just a touch tight for family use...which of course is maybe 5% of the usage of my car. Heh. So, I'm looking at a FoST? Derp.

Local dealership has one of each in stock (nominally*) in Performance Blue. *sighs and flips a coin*

* sales chick explained that Ford's online inventory system shows cars "at" a dealership as soon as they get put on a truck for delivery to said dealership.
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I'm finding myself doing that thing that I criticize everyone else for: shopping based on the 5% edge case. The back seats and hatch area of the FiST are just a touch tight for family use...which of course is maybe 5% of the usage of my car. Heh. So, I'm looking at a FoST? Derp.

Local dealership has one of each in stock (nominally*) in Performance Blue. *sighs and flips a coin*

* sales chick explained that Ford's online inventory system shows cars "at" a dealership as soon as they get put on a truck for delivery to said dealership.
    Yeah, that's how it is done. It's dumb I know. Try being the tech on the other end having salesmen/women hounding you about a unit that isn't there yet.

Are you still using baby seats or have you moved to booster seats only?