Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Random's Unified Fleet Thread

Fine. I guess I can wait for a real test.

Gosh.

Sweet. I love the color as well.

Just, you know, watch out for deer.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

In Davis the bigger threat is giant freaky bugs.

Do you have to buy them dinner first? Or do they just come upon you and get their freak on?

Copypasta from FB:
    FWIW, can get the mats and rear rubber mat cheaper thru tascaparts.com

Shopping list : Koni sale is (back) on, I'd recommend a set of the single adjustables (if you're gonna autocross it) or cheaper STRTs (if not). Note the STRTs will ride better than stock while still improving handling.

Wheels/tires : the stockers are pretty good for street use, albeit a bit ugly (just my opinion...that said, I'm still rocking them till the OEM tires are gone). If autocrossing, the white 16x7 Sparcos I have are shockingly cheap at TireRack ($99/wheel), and the "little taller than stock" 205/50R16 RE71Rs work fairly well (good enough to trophy at the Crows Pro this year).

Exhaust : I did one. I wouldn't bother again, at least not in the direction I went. The stock one is surprisingly not too bad on weight, flows "ok", and is quiet. If doing it again, I'd honestly just make a "muffler delete" pipe for race use that bolts on/off and be done with it.

Other stuff : can "reset" the rear floor to the lower spot and gain extra cargo room, works best in conjunction with a temp spare (Craigslist is what I did) and the BASE Fiesta hatchback rubber mat (to keep stuff from rolling under the rear seat).

Non-street-class-autocross : Lots more power to be had with tuning, Josh Salvage can point you in the right direction there for custom stuff. Intercooler swap helps a lot. Stock rear motor mount is soft, it'll shift better with a replacement (Cobb) without much NVH penalty.
    Whoomah!

You're gonna do much cooler stuff with yours than I am with mine 👍

I hate those non-dimming dash lights. Lots of cars have this issue and it infuriates me. Why can't everything dim at the same level, or at least the ones that aren't "low oil pressure"?

In the interests of science (science!), I took a short drive this evening.

Dash lighting: totally acceptable. Can definitely quibble with the uneven level of dimming across the switchgear and various displays, but overall not bad. The MyTouch display can be turned all the way off, independent of the IP dimming.

Full-throttle acceleration with TC in "Sport:"
    1st gear: totally pointless.
    2nd gear: hilarious. "Hold onto your butt!" as the GPL game intro said. Hold onto the steering wheel, too.
    3rd gear: yeah, baby.
    4-6: for commuting.

Headlights are good; brights are, uh, bright; foglights are present and turn on and off. I have never really understood what pouring a ton of light onto the pavement 10 feet in front of the car was supposed to do.

The front of my new car is covered in bugs. Thanks, Justin Obama.
    Whoomah!

Foglights are strictly for incliment weather.

Yeah, so then you're pouring a ton of light onto wet pavement ten feet on front of the car.
    Whoomah!