Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Random's Unified Fleet Thread

Not exactly. That's the cool thing about this stuff. You can baby it and be fine, or thrash it and be fine. The main purpose for the 'babying' period previously was for the rough edges that were missed in the assembly process to be caught by the filter and not distributed throughout the engine.

New cars are pretty advanced, and so is the assembly process. You'll be fine either way.

My babying comment was for like the first 5k miles or so. Example, Some people by grandma cars and then try to race them because they are low miles, etc. Everything fails because the engine isn't used to those loads and pressures.

Clear as mud right?

Basically, but I'm not actually worried though, I've given it a varied level of work by now I figure if my previous car lasted me 11 years, this one should too...

I probably just jinxed it.

Also, maybe my posts and the responses to it should be moved to my thread so I don't derail Russ's haha

Eh, we spent a bunch of time talking about my (future) car in your thread, too.
    Whoomah!

Meh... it ain't like the old days. Materials are very good, manufacturing processes impeccable, and tolerances damn near obscene. I think you'd have to go seriously out of your way to do it harm or help.

A lot of cars don't have a break-in period listed at all. I don't think my Challenger did.

It's really sad how compressed SiriusXM's streams are.
    Whoomah!

It matters whether it uses the Sirius or XM satellites - XM sounds way more compressed to my ears.

Interesting.

Well, Liquid Metal is basically un-listenable. Chill is ok, Spa is ok, Electric Area is hit and miss. Real Jazz is pretty bad.

edit: maybe my problem is that I only like former XM channels, since those are all carry-overs...
    Whoomah!

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Meh... it ain't like the old days. Materials are very good, manufacturing processes impeccable, and tolerances damn near obscene. I think you'd have to go seriously out of your way to do it harm or help.
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    A lot of cars don't have a break-in period listed at all. I don't think my Challenger did.
    Pretty much this.