Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I knew this game was comin out but I didn't realize it was so soon. Looks awesome.

I tried the 2nd one and was turned off by their potion system. You basically have to know what is coming up. You can't use a potion in the middle of a battle.
    There was a boss I tried fighting 10 times before I checked online that you had to use "x" potion before the cinematic intro to his fight in order to win.

I played the second one also and I found it to be pretty cool. Though I only played it for about 5-6 hours. This one seams more open world than the previous ones and the stories are always very highly regarded.

Might have to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Looks awesome.
    Yeah definitely! Looks like what I wanted Dragon Age: Inquisitor to be -- now I have something to trade that game in for.

The Witcher 3 Needs 30.5GB on Xbox One, 35GB on PS4, Preload Available on Xbox One

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    New hard drive requirements for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on the PS4 and Xbox One have just appeared, alongside a preload option for those who've already pre-purchased the RPG on the Microsoft home console.

Quite a few big news related to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have surfaced this week, from the announcement that development is complete and that it's gone gold, to new details about its mechanics.

Now, the game's preload is available on the Xbox One console, meaning all owners of the Microsoft console who have pre-purchased the long awaited role-playing game can start downloading the necessary files, ahead of its launch next month.

At the same time, the official Xbox store listing cites a size of 25.15GB. However, users report, via DualShockers, that the actual download size is 30.5GB, as shown by the Xbox One's hard drive.

Meanwhile, the PS Store listing has been updated with a new size in the form of 35GB. Previously, a disclaimer mentioned that the RPG was expected to weigh in at around 50GB, so fans should keep a hefty portion of the PS4's hard drive free for its installation.

As of yet, developer CD Projekt Red hasn't mentioned anything about the game's size on the two consoles. On the PC, the official hard drive requirement is 35GB.

So, it got really good reviews. Does anyone have it? Does it live up to the hype?

I have it, but I have just finished W2 first, so I can create my own save to import. W2 is really really good IMO and W3 seems to be everythjg and more and optimized. I've really only played W3 to test my hardware (goddamn hairworks is a monster). Even just messing around, the graphics and animations are downright gorgeous. I'll be working on it for real soon.
    Last edited by GreatScawt; June 9th, 2015 at 03:42 PM.

Dusted this title off and restarted my game last week.

First I dove into the lore in order to get my Geralt on: The Witcher 1 (PC-only) plot opens with a cutscene that is basically the short story "The Witcher" from Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski's book "The Last Wish", first book in The Witcher Saga. Followed by The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings... which is spoiled by everything in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (and these links are SPOILERS as well). Brief notes on the setting. There is a map included with Wild Hunt so that's kind of helpful; the problem with it is that it isn't a true World Map so you don't know the size & shape of the southern Nilfgaard Empire. There is a World Map in-game so you're not completely left in the dark. #shrug

Then I dove into the music:

The maps and "open worldness" of it all is better than Dragon Age: Inquisition, IMO. But they're still good-sized local areas separated by load screens, so that takes away from the awesome open world feel that is Skyrim (on 360 even!). But graphically Wild Hunt is on another level -- a PS4 level, almost. As most XBONE gamers know, games aren't as graphically splendorifous on the old XBONE as they are on the PS4. Instead of locking the game engine down however, Wild Hunt attempts to achieve true 1080p where possible and that is definitely appreciated (according to the devs it'll flicker between 900p to 1080p on XBONE, solid 1080p on PS4).

I was never a "Potions Guy" in any Elder Scroll game and I'm not much of one here. But I'm making an effort. You really need to work on your alchemy skillz, y0 to get through this game. There are (side-) missions & quests that depend upon you mixing up potions and equipping them into your quick-launch menu before fights. So potion-up!

Lastly, the sword dueling combat is fun, cinematic and challenging enough to make repeated engagements entertaining. My major gripe with Wild Hunt originally was that it felt like I was playing someone else's character (which... I am). So unlike Skyrim or Destiny where you get to make your own 'toon and be the hero, you have to play this grizzled Eastern European Fabio and only through gear you pick up, haircuts and/or playstyles can you try to change him into something approaching what you want. This time, I'm just immersing myself into the lore and getting into Geralt's story; consequently, the playing has been easier and much more fun.
    Last edited by novicius; February 27th, 2017 at 05:10 AM.

The only 'potions' I really use are the oils that I apply to my blade.
    I'm putting most all of my points into quick attack moves. Just call me The Red Viper.