Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone gonna FF XV?

Anyone gonna FF XV?

I haven't even considered a FF game since VIII disappointed the shit out of me, but XV seems to be genuinely interesting and I am intrigued by the real time combat. I just ordered me a copy, something to do on some future rainy day.

Reviews seem generally good (or surprised ) so I'm gonna give it a go. I'd be thrilled to feel like I did playing VII!

I have it. First one I've played since FFX. I like the gameplay, the world, etc so far, but I'm not digging the absolute lack of diversity in the party. No women, no creatures, no variations in style, etc. It's probably a 'silly' thing for me to care about, but I like when RPGs have diverse parties with clear roles. I somewhat miss turn based systems, but I understand that most people prefer action RPG controls, so I'm getting used to it. I'm having a hard time figuring out if strategy is involved much at all That sounds like a lot of complaining, but I *am* enjoying the game so far, it's just not quite what I liked so much about VII, VIII and IX (and to an extent, X). I've barely scratched the surface of the game so far, so who knows what's ahead. It certainly looks pretty, and there's loads to do. I also kinda enjoy the road trip vibe

Honestly, the road trip vibe was one of the major attractors to me, but you're not alone in lamenting the lack of party diversity - that is the thing that kept me from pulling the trigger before. But I've read a bunch of "this is pretty cool" reviews so I went for it. I'm probably going to have a lot of time on my hands over the upcoming holidays since I'll be half-working (monitoring a bunch of server processes) so having something entertaining to do that can be paused when I need to actually work is worth planning for.

I'm not sure I will miss the turn-based combat - it's been a long time, but I do remember eventually getting bored with VII and how long it frequently took to get through combat. It started to feel monotonous to me when combat was no longer difficult, just in the way and as much time was spent going through menus as anything else. I'm kinda hoping this unfolds a little more like the Batman games, which - for whatever reason - always entertains when it comes to a little fisticuffs.

FF sure does look pretty, so even if the gameplay doesn't draw me in, I can be entertained with the scenery for a while!

Hm, I just got to a cut scene that seems like they just pulled clips from the CGI movie they released. Might be worth watching that to actually get the story.

Also, the game is exceedingly blurry at times. It's pretty clearly rendered at 720p and blown up, to keep frame rate ok. In the process, it seems like they put some sort of 'filter' on it to try to hide the fact, but it just makes it look worse, imo. (or they simply need to turn bloom/depth of field effects down)
    Last edited by Jason; December 3rd, 2016 at 06:10 AM.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah, the movie was bloody awesome. Borrowed my brothers copy the other day and after watching it i told him i want it for Christmas.

I'm not the biggest FF fan, have only played FF8 before and then got completely hooked on Blitzball and then only played the game for that.

But am mega interested in 15, and may end up buying a copy myself one day. Brother has it (he has most/all FF games?) and loves it so far as i know.

I didn't even know there was a new movie! It's Kingsglaive, yeah? I may just have to Amazon that to gear up.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yep. Good storyline too.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I watched the movie and I played about 30 mins at a friend's house...looks good so far

I'm looking forward to it. I need to clear out some of my current games first. But, hopefully by then, it should be on sale.

I played the demo a few months ago. I was looking for some kind of strategy, but it seemed to mostly be button mashing. I was hoping for something that required a little more strategy. I know that Action RPGs are the go-to. But, I'd still like to have a regular turn-based option.

I can play Diablo III if I want a button mashing RPG.

I really want to see what this game looks like on PS4 Pro, I think the 'low resolution' issues I see, are largely because I decided to buy a big fucking TV that really points out these things

So maybe I shouldn't get too far in the game, and save my $$ for a couple months and pull the trigger on the PS4P