Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    The only 'potions' I really use are the oils that I apply to my blade.
    That's a thing?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yes. There are potions, decoctions, oils, and bombs that you can make.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    The only 'potions' I really use are the oils that I apply to my blade.
    I'm putting most all of my points into quick attack moves. Just call me The Red Viper.
    How do you destroy Ghoul Nests? I thought you needed b0mbs for that? At least that's how I've been doing it...

Just picked up the expansion pass from the GOG.com sale. I barely got out of the first area because it seemed almost too daunting and I got distracted by other games. I love the Witcher series (I even read a book, and purchased another - highly recommended) so I really need to get back in to it.

Yeah, I have a few bombs. But, they're useless in combat, IMO. That's all I use them for, is nests.

Really? The Reddit post I linked says to use them frequently, especially against packs & mobs of enemies.

If that works for you, then go for it.

I don't use reddit, walkthroughs, etc... unless it's absolutely necessary (i.e. Dark Souls). So, I'm just going off of what I've learned from feeling the game out. The only spell I really use is my shield spell, and whatever is needed for specific monsters. Like the trap for wraiths.

Otherwise I'm dipping and diving, juking and jiving all over the place.

I don't really use any of the potions either, and bombs only for monster nests.

I do use Igni quite a bit, along with Yrden for wraiths and Quen for tougher boss-type monsters (and oils for them).

So... anyone else look at The Witcher 3 and think that almost nobody is immune from their jobs being outsourced for less money? The Witcher 3 cost $81 million in development and marketing, which is less than the biggest multiplatform AAA releases, but game developer salaries in Poland average less than 1/4th what they do in the US and Canada. Granted, I didn't play The Witcher 3 on launch before any patches, but it does seem to be a very well polished game (at least compared to Bethesda games). I can't help but wonder if seeming so well-crafted would be possible if developer salaries were quadrupled.

Equipping the potions on your quick-select menu instead of food items (D-pad), and then the Level 1 bombs on the Signs quick-pick (RB button), using potions & bombs is pretty quick. Left trigger to auto-aim at a distant foe (or group of foes) and then tap the RB. Really quick and Geralt targets them automatically (although it is possible for a target to move away during the throw). Also seeing as it's a single-player game, you can always pause the action and go into your Inventory and eat food for health manually. #pocketuniverse

The Level 1 bombs do next-to-no damage but they do Stun/Blind for a few seconds, enough to move up and auto-kill a Wolf or two for example. As you fill out the Alchemy perk tree, the effectiveness grows.
    Last edited by novicius; February 28th, 2017 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    So... anyone else look at The Witcher 3 and think that almost nobody is immune from their jobs being outsourced for less money? The Witcher 3 cost $81 million in development and marketing, which is less than the biggest multiplatform AAA releases, but game developer salaries in Poland average less than 1/4th what they do in the US and Canada. Granted, I didn't play The Witcher 3 on launch before any patches, but it does seem to be a very well polished game (at least compared to Bethesda games). I can't help but wonder if seeming so well-crafted would be possible if developer salaries were quadrupled.
    Absolutely! I remember reading about trends in IT a decade ago stating how Indian companies were experiencing increasing competition due to even lower wages and relatively equal highly educated IT workforce in countries like Belarus, Lithuania, Poland and Romania.